For sale : Rossin Team Shimano 53

Bump for a lovely Italian frame dripping with lovely Shimano components...match made in heaven......good deal to be had here.....lovely Crimbo prezzie for someone.

bikenut2010":2rcppd46 said:
Yup, and ENGLISH bottom bracket, GERMAN rims and tyres, FRENCH bars and Mexican bar tape... :)

What English BB is on the bike...Royce or Hope?..Usually a groupset would include a matching BB but not always...However, this is very commendable union of parts.... an international cooperative affair......Why no Zeus?.....What could be better?

English refers to the threading, as opposed to Italian threading,I assumed you understood the joke... It has Shimano Components because it is a Team Shimano bike, hence the Shimano tri colour paint scheme.
A quick perusal of Rossin and other frame makers of the time will reveal varius grades of cycles with complete or partially complete groupsets; I own many classic cycles, a familiar combo from the late 70s early 80s would be , say, Campagnolo shifters and mechs, Universal brake levers and calipers, Ofmega, cranks, headset and pedals and 3TTT stem and seatpost for example...wheels would be Ofmega or Campag hubs on Nisi sprint rims a and Regina freewheel and chain. The very top of the line cycles would often have Campagnolo Super Record pantographed with the frame builders logo. Certain Shimano groupsets were picked for their appearance, for example the Sante group was fitted to a Rossin of the same period as the Team bike for sale because of it's white finish....
3.jpg

The top model had C record

1.jpg

Making assumptions is not a good idea...so perhaps it was a joke fail....English BB logically means just that...as opposed to English threaded BB...so a tad misleading!....It is very rare for an proper Italian frame to not have an Italian threaded BB shell.....so i was not expecting it to have an English threaded BB shell.....Have you considered the possibility that it is a fake Rossin....English frame dressed as an Italian frame....anybody can add decals etc.....Just a thought.....However it wasn't that outlandish to ask if the BB was Royce or Hope....both are English in the truer sense of the word....rather than English threaded.....you were in Burke's words being economical with the truth.....but we got there in the end...or perhaps getting there.....so another bump for this English Rossin bike......Don't you just love this friendly and good natured banter.

I take your point about groupsets...however....the Campag mixed groups are being mixed wih other Italian bits that are ISO and compatible.....rare to mix ISO with JIS [Shimano or Suntour]......and if i recall the one you are selling is Aelle which like Monty Panesar comes way down the Columbus batting order.....lovely as Monty is [and he is].

Nothing good natured about accusing me of selling a fake mate :evil: :evil: :evil:

FIY Italian framebuilders used Columbus and Reynolds tubing and others besides, the BB shell Italian or BSA threaded chosen to suit the spec of components to be fitted.

bikenut2010":2ee1mj8t said:
Nothing good natured about accusing me of selling a fake mate :evil: :evil: :evil:

FIY Italian framebuilders used Columbus and Reynolds tubing and others besides, the BB shell Italian or BSA threaded chosen to suit the spec of components to be fitted.

You misunderstand me and for that I unreservedly apologise as I at no point have I accused you of selling a fake.....I merely suggested, someone has possibly rebranded an English/Belgian/Dutch frame as Italian and you might be unaware of that.....Me evil?...No...Machiavellian?....Yes!

I trust you will accept my apology and that you have mis-understood the meaning in my last missive.

I've owned 2 Olagneros ( Milanese builder, one made by Vanni Losa who built frames for Magni PEP and Cinelli ) , a Bianchi and a Guerciotti; all Italian, all the built with English (BSA) threaded bottom brackets. Not only is the threading different but the width also, BSA is 68 mm, Italian 70 mm so we don't just refer to the threading, but the classification English vs Italian so my description was entirely accurate.

Aelle is a perfectly acceptible frameset, and the success of the build is also dependent upon the unions ( in this case investment cast ) fork crown and not least the skill of the artisan.

The Rossin frame is identified also by the various engravings.

Back