Who needs FS?

Er, there were no real gnarly rocks and roots in the OP 's vid at all.......fact......and yes in the second vid a fs would be quicker....cos there are gnarly rocks and roots in that one....

As for twice as fast on a fs, depends where your riding and the rider.....look what Steve Peat did on a fully rigid Kona years ago....people still embaress full sus riders using better skills to this day.

My thoughts on the matter

tumblr_lmpj8h038Y1qam72n.gif

Imho a FS if in the same weight category as a HT the FS is always better off road, a well dialled FS will keep both wheels on the ground more of the time and more evenly which gives you superior handling and braking ,it doesn’t even have to be downhill as soon as a surface becomes loose or uneven then a FS rules if its light enough

does FS not give you a big advantage in the dick swinging compatition in the pub at the end of the day?

lumos2000":1zv7ts0k said:
does FS not give you a big advantage in the dick swinging compatition in the pub at the end of the day?

No, a rigid singlespeed is what you need for that ;)

lumos2000":2zy0ejum said:

tbh I find getting to the pub long before those on HT's allows me time to start the pendulum going sometimes it takes a bit of time to get the shear weight swinging but I’ve usually got so much time to spare it not a problem

As this begs the question..........what would be faster down the trail, an off road uni-cycle ? or an off road uni-cycle with a suspension seat post :!: :?:

legrandefromage":2d3dpmkm said:
Wheres the video of them riding back up?

Those young dudes could ride back up better than most of us on here, I reckon, not to mention that they're faster and more stylish than I ever was.

That's the trouble with forums - everybody's a keyboard Trail God.
"That looks really tame, they're using their brakes a lot".

Heaven forbid that anyone should produce a decent video of me riding then - you lot would have me lynched.

Back