Jimbob_1978 feedback classic cheating boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditbicykles

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Helo
I have sold a bike for Jimbob_1978 user.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Due transport rear hanger was broken. buer made a topic how to fix it ok I understand.We could not make a compromise so case on Paypal was opened by Jimbob_1978. I agry that after sending back my Look bike all money will be refunded.

Now look people what I got from Jimbob_1978, what does he send to me.

DSC_0238-3.jpg

DSC_0239-3.jpg

DSC_0240-3.jpg

DSC_0241-2.jpg

DSC_0242-1.jpg

DSC_0243-3.jpg

DSC_0244-3.jpg

DSC_0245-3.jpg

DSC_0246-2.jpg

DSC_0247-3.jpg

Is it my Look bike??

and last email to me from jimbob 1978. After this email I got no contact...
maybe someone knows this beaty Carrera frame?

You leave me no choice. I'll get this problem fixed myself. I'm sorry to have to do this but I have no more options.

Eye for a eye.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 30 Oct 2012 10:20:18 GMT
To: 'James Barker'
Subject: RE: Look

What I have done wrong people? Is it normal behafior in UK to cheat like this?

Regards people

I am guessing he's decided to fix the problem himself - or get it fixed in the UK - and sent you this old frame as a kind of joke.

As he hasn't sent you the right frame you shouldn't have to refund the money? All it would need is a copy of these photos to paypal.

hi

Paypal gave back him his money automaticly. no I have to go Police to make a documents and send to paypal. Long work but I have to. I can nit imagen how people can do thinks like this...???

Its a scam, plain and simple :evil:

The scammer buys something, in this case a bike. When the goods are received he opens a paypal dispute and agrees on a refund with the seller. So he sends a parcel with the customs declaration saying there is a bike frame inside it, but its not your frame, just a low value substitute but probably insured for the full amount. As soon as it is posted paypal refund the scammer and he keeps the original goods.

I hope I'm wrong here but I've heard of this being done on other forums. Hope you get it sorted.

I dont think the mods will/can do anything, nobody was interested when that Ramstien-DH bloke was busy trying to rip me off, i was told to deal with it via paypal.

S-M":m9zvqd53 said:
I don't think the mods will/can do anything, nobody was interested when that Ramstien-DH bloke was busy trying to rip me off, i was told to deal with it via paypal.

That is the case plus why should they? They are not responsible for any listings or purchases, the most they could do is to ban the individual, who ofcourse can register under a different name and mail address.

Sadly there are dishonest people out there and it is up to the buyer to take all necessary precautions, and even then it is no guarantee. Idoubt there will be a happy ending to this episode:(

That is why you should buy stuff from me not that I have much to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back