Brewza's 1991 CFM1 new pics pg 2

Many thanks. I didn't realise it would look as good as it does when I started this.
I previously owned the CFM3 (purchased new in 1991) and pretty much told the bike shop guy to swap most of the stuff from a Cannondale MTB he had in the window.
The Cannondale had Ritchey cranks, Araya RM400 Wheels. etc

I can not for the life of me remember th Cannondale I pilfered the parts from, but it was worth being a pushy prick.

The CFM3 had the purple fade paint job and it totally suited the Manitou 3's but I am building my interpretation of the bike I rode in 1991.

I did have the XT thumb shifters on it but I am keen on running triggers to give them a go.

that is looking really quite beautiful. i would be tempted not to sticker it at all, the raw carbon and lugs looks really sweet just by themselves!

I get what you are saying. I was considering the Giant decals on the seat tube and nothing else.

The main problem is the transition from the decorative carbon to the plain carbon, ie The gridded carbon tubes and the plain carbon grey which is under where the original paint was.

Also very much like the British eagle carbon which I know has a few fans in here

To be honest the less stickers you put on this the more beautifull it will remain

How strange i'm currently doing the exact same with my 91 cfm, someone had painted the front of mine with tooth paste though,
I'm leaving the carbon raw but laquered, even where it looks like a pencil too but no decals, will get a thread going soon, good luck with the build mate,
Lee.

Still a work in progress. (sorry for the lighting in the pics. Ishouldn't complain about too much sun really)
I've gone with the Mag 21's rather than the Manitou 2's and threw the cables and housing from my donor bike on it for the moment (housings too short/long, cables rusty).
Still trying to find some barends, pedals, grips etc, but I'm really happy with the progress so far.
Still a lot of work to go with the laquer, polishing the lugs and a few other things but I feel I'm heading in the right direction for my tastes.
I've finished with decals though, and based on some of the opinions here, have decided to keep it minimal.

Attachments

• DSCF0437.JPG
    DSCF0437.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCF0440.JPG
    DSCF0440.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 273
Back