Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tc:Mountain goat whiskey town racer

• Trail_head: Klein Pinnacle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"I'll comment with out fear of influencing the outcome."

Whatever the timing, please have no fear that any of your entirely personal and subjective comments would have any influence whatsoever on MY vote.

"...cable housing's to (sic) long." Oh dear. What a shame. Who cares?

trail_head":1oqkjmqh said:
Nausea's Pinnacle would get my vote just for his ability to use his big toe as a front derailleur

Hahaha!!! And there was me thinking I'd made it to the end of the contest without a single person mentioning I have two rings at the front with no front mech... BUSTED! :LOL:

Don't get me wrong, It's a lovely bike. And this is all subjective and nit-picky.

There's to much purple on the cranks for not having more elsewhere. The stem doesn't match anything. I wouldn't load it up with 3dv either as that's been done-to-death around here. Maybe have your stem ano'd black and change the Big chainring to black as well.

At the end of the day be true to yourself, it's your bike!

nausea":23kogn46 said:
trail_head":23kogn46 said:
Nausea's Pinnacle would get my vote just for his ability to use his big toe as a front derailleur

Hahaha!!! And there was me thinking I'd made it to the end of the contest without a single person mentioning I have two rings at the front with no front mech... BUSTED! :LOL:

The missing mech is what makes it look so clean. BTW, are those mtb wheels?

trail_head":2zuoyyoc said:
The missing mech is what makes it look so clean. BTW, are those mtb wheels?

Yes they're MTB wheels - Mavic CrossRocs which I think are their first gen tubeless rims circa '97. REALLY light - fine for the smooth Surrey Hills where I grew up but when I moved to the rocky valleys of Yorkshire I broke the rear wheel fairly quickly(!) A result of wearing through the side walls from too many muddy/gritty rides I think. Got a matching replacement as they are excellent wheels but switched to using my beefier Blur for the rocky/muddy stuff from then on.

The lack of front mech? None of my MTBs have front mechs! Fine if you have one or two rings at the front. Big toe technique works well enough changing from big to small - bit trickier the other way round but I like not having to worry about mech adjustment to stop it rubbing the chain, plus the added cleanliness and (tiny) weight saving.

Looking at your Pinnacle still gives me the creeps! I feel like I'm seeing double! I took my Mani2s off my Pinnacle a while back as they needed a proper strip down but loved the weight advantage the Accutrax gave me so just stuck with them instead. Still got the Mani2s stashed for my next retro build though whenever that may be...

I expect so, if you were WITH me you'd be crying. Sorry.

It's a lovely bike in it's own right, compared to the others it just falls a bit short for me. Very sorry.

To date, Nausea's is the only Klien that I have seen and liked/admired/lusted after..... and not just because its the exact opposite of everything people of expect of a Klien... its used/battered/abused, no ponsy paint job, has missmatched parts, there are bits missing (mech) and has obviously had a hard life and been ridden proper hard.....

Love it!

G

trail_head":2bjac635 said:
I expect so, if you were WITH me you'd be crying. Sorry.

It's a lovely bike in it's own right, compared to the others it just falls a bit short for me. Very sorry.

no worries! it may change next time i post a pic on here.

that may not be for the better though.

Back