Canyon bikes

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone have much experience? Makster is the only person I can find with one on here. I know it's retrobike but thought there may be others in the post 98 section. :cool:

I only ask as I'm considering purchasing my first FS bike next year and at the moment for the £1000 mark it's a choice between a Canyon Nerve with Rebas and mostly SLX for £1k or perhaps otherwise looking for other bargains online. My LBS is great but they almost exclusively have hardtails in stock, and I'm not confident about asking them to get stock in for me unless I was sure on what I wanted.

I know you can't compete with Canyon on spec but was interested in any real life experiences with their bikes. I looked on bikeradar but all I could find was very tribalistic and not overly objective opinions!

Bikeradar's full of dicks imo. Singletrackworld is a bit better and plenty on there rave about Canyons. Most also say the customer service is good but a few have had bad service. You might have to wait a while.

Yeah agree about bikeradar, about a dozen users with 1,000's of replies but mostly sarcastic, unhelpful and not remotely as funny as they think they are.

I'm sorely tempted. Think most negatives can be outweighed by the price/value aspect.

They defo seem good value and most seem very happy with the ride. Be interested to see what you think if you go for it.

The bikes are fantastic, but my experience of their customer service wasn't the best.
Mine arrived with very spongy brakes. It wasn't safe to ride, so I contacted them.
They told me to take it to my lbs and Canyon would pay for repairs up to the value of £20.
The chap at my lbs bled the brakes but found that they were still not working correctly, so would require further work.
Back I went to Canyon, who said they'd need to take the bike back from me.
This meant talking it appart, re-packing it then trying to arrange time off work to be around for the collection.
At the same time I spotted a good deal on a Santa Cruz locally, so just asked for my money back.

I suppose these are the issues you get with any mail order bike purchase, and the spec on my Canyon was amazing for the price.
What I'd say is that they seem VERY busy, and I think the quality control department needs to be a bit more vigilant with their checks before sending bikes out.

Hope this helps!

Mate at work got a Nerve and was very happy with it apart from the same as above, i.e. spongy brakes. Canyon refunded him some cash to get them sorted which he did and all was good.

If you want a bike with good specs for the money but with no service and no soul.................but if you love bikes go somewhere else, or buy 2nd hand.
just my 2 cents though ;)

I serviced a Canyon Nerve earlier this year.
It was a well specced bike with no unusual quirks or features. Just a good functional bike with decent performance.
It was also matte black which sort of summed it up nicely.

I quite liked it.

Back