HoNC - Meet Up PLans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
heathy":o43pkfe6 said:
Well, new school for me, bringing the global with fast rolling summer tyres ;) , there was more road/hardpack and not much in the way of mud last year. Only done it last year so don't know if they change the course :?:

But there was a lot of grass and fields IIRC. Pretty sure grass + fields + 1000 riders + rain = MUD!!!
Actually, this is a pretty good motivator to head out first... :LOL:

gump":dd81vva6 said:
But there was a lot of grass and fields IIRC. Pretty sure grass + fields + 1000 riders + rain = MUD!!!
Actually, this is a pretty good motivator to head out first... :LOL:

that coffee shop sounds inviting - can I have a large decaf skinny latte with vanilla syrup please :oops:

Good point there Andy :idea: In that case im still going to be sporting summer tyres, did a night ride on them yesterday and seemed to work OK.
And this coming from someone that has ridden on nothing else than trailrakers ;) Not sure i could cope with that much drag.

bugger.

Just realised we are talking tyres without any input from Gus.

bugger!! :LOL: We are just as bad. NOOOOOOOO!!!

I know, and i was just thinking about bringing my [ bike clothing wardrobe in a big bag ] too :oops:

Lets not get started on stem spacers or fork choice :LOL:

As I managed to bugger my SID's the night before the Goodwood race and had to rob Mrs Wu's bike for some (shorter steerer) I was intending to ride with a spare Zooka in my back pocket so I could change stem height/ rise mid race if ness. Now that would have been a medal worthy effort.

Race was cancelled. :roll:

I'm bringing up,

tat for Ed
Shifters for Russell
Frame for Hilts
Wheels for JV
moccachino for Kev

think that's it.

:D

And riding cross btw. With tyres usless in mud. And gearing even more usless in mud. :LOL:

Wu-Tangled":2t8061g4 said:
As I managed to bugger my SID's the night before the Goodwood race and had to rob Mrs Wu's bike for some (shorter steerer) I was intending to ride with a spare Zooka in my back pocket so I could change stem height/ rise mid race if ness. Now that would have been a medal worthy effort.

Race was cancelled. :roll:

I'm bringing up,

tat for Ed
Shifters for Russell
Frame for Hilts
Wheels for JV
moccachino for Kev

think that's it.

:D

And riding cross btw. With tyres usless in mud. And gearing even more usless in mud. :LOL:

hey! mine was the moccachino! Kevs was a large decaf skinny latte with vanilla syrup please. just can't get the staff :roll:

I'm bringing a frame etc for JV

Was going to ride the '89 Firemountain but the weather for the weekend makes a rigid singlespeed with a U-brake at the back look like a pretty foolish choice.

Might ride the Zaskar as I'll be glad of the light weight after a few muddy miles.

gump":2woy86no said:
hey! mine was the moccachino! Kevs was a large decaf skinny latte with vanilla syrup please. just can't get the staff :roll:

Good job we're there for the attention to details Andy!

I'm bringing frame & BB for Ed, half a bike for Hilts, myself, my toolbox and my wallet. Does the Starbucks take credit cards in this village or do I need cash? :LOL:

Please anyone remind me if I promised to bring you anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back