Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

brocklanders023":13fwhiif said:
wookiee":13fwhiif said:
...however they don't do fluro colours as I have just found out! Doh!

Does anyone know of a powder coaters that does fluro colours? Nearish Southampton....

Triple S do neon and offer a postage service or Orange will paint a bike in any of their neon, not sure if it's only Orange bikes though ;)

Ahh ok thanks for that...its for my Team Marin's forks/bars/stem. Having just recieved today a NOS Team stem its quite a bit brighter than the forks and bars so thinking of getting them to either paint match the stem or do the whole lot!

painters

I've used 3D finishers in Coventry on recommendation from a local frambuilder and they were spot on. There were loads of frames in there being done when I took mine in which is a good sign. £25 for frame and forks including blasting.
Really please with the results and the bloke does a bit of mountain biking too!

http://www.3dfinishers.co.uk/

I have just taken my Marzocchi fork lowers into a place in Halifax to be stripped. It might be an option for people not wanting a painted finish on alu parts. I'll update when I get them back.

Triple S are very good but not cheap. I took my stuff in there personally and they ended up charging me less than quoted which was nice though.

I am going to ask Ricky Feather who does his frames as the finish on them is nothing short of amazing. Bumped into him on a train and he showed me a bike he had with him and he was telling me the trauma he had finding a place to paint his stuff at the standard he wanted.

Another endorsement for Triple S ... not cheap, but the metallic/shift blue/black job they did on my '91 Karakoram Elite is excellent.

Would it be worth including the number of positive and negative reports for each place in the summary at the top? So if one person has had a bad experience there, but, say, six people who had had good experiences there people could see that from the summary and then look for the specific feedback from people's posts if necessary?

wookiee":3137nyha said:
...been in touch with Triple s and they don't do Fluro...

That's a bit strange as I was going to get my 5 done in dynorod orange a while back. Maybe the colour was not classed as fluro :?

kingoffootball":2jele2js said:
Another endorsement for Triple S ... not cheap, but the metallic/shift blue/black job they did on my '91 Karakoram Elite is excellent.

Would it be worth including the number of positive and negative reports for each place in the summary at the top? So if one person has had a bad experience there, but, say, six people who had had good experiences there people could see that from the summary and then look for the specific feedback from people's posts if necessary?

Might well do this if the list expands enough to require it.

This is going to end up like ebay feedback before too long :LOL:

For the record, I would love to recommend where I had my Kilauea powder'd, the decals made up, and clear lacquered, but it was done in house at work and we dont do it commercially... it was done as a favour (aka free :cool: ), so cant ;)

G

brocklanders023":13l8yofb said:
wookiee":13l8yofb said:
...been in touch with Triple s and they don't do Fluro...

That's a bit strange as I was going to get my 5 done in dynorod orange a while back. Maybe the colour was not classed as fluro :?

To be more precise no fluro pink...may have fluro orange as bound to be a more popular colour!

Back