GT Zaskar 1996

CAS

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This GT is my first "project"...

Looking back, I should have realised I was embarking on a slippery slope when my son gave me the bike tools last Christmas……

About two years ago I acquired my first drop bar road bike and after just a few rides was completely sold on it -but like the unsuspecting child who is given a puppy for Christmas, I was completely clueless about what owning a more serious bike might entail. After a few frustrating return visits to the bike shop I started, reluctantly, to tackle the basics of maintaining my bike myself.

Then, after a while, a very odd thing happened - enjoyment in this strange-bike-tinkering-pastime crept up on me univited, took root and grew and before I knew it home life had started to change. “His” garage was needing a serious makeover to accommodate “her” increasing collection of bikes and bike stuff!

Meanwhile, Adam’s Zaskar, much loved , ridden hard in it’s heyday in the mid nineties and black hole for all of his available cash at that time, lay languishing in the upper storey of his workshop. Sure, he always intended to get it together and ride again but…...you know……….time and all that!

BUT... he had bought his mum all those nice bike tools and Santa had obliged her with an equally nice workstand. And so the inevitable request came ….”Mum why don’t you take my bike home with you and see if you can get it back on the road again?

So here it is, back to something like it’s former glory – Hope hubs and citrus rims gleaming, Pace forks and shiny purple X-lite bars raring to go. It’s too big for me, sadly, so let’s hope he rides it!

Carol

Attachments

• Photo1.JPG
    Photo1.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,400
  • Photo2.JPG
    Photo2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,400
Great work on that Zaskar (particularly loving the saddle), looks even tidier in the flesh and fantastic first project.

Now to get yourself one that you can ride....

Thanks Guys - and I just knew Ed wouldn't be able to resist a comment about the saddle!

Carol

Yellow is nice...

2404550081_85c9a021bf.jpg

Back