Urban RetroBike tour around London - Saturday 1st Dec 2012

hey guys, there's a good chance i'll be in the big smoke on friday night so i may be joining you on saturday! :D :D

i'll be staying in kilburn though, so not sure on the best way to meet up, meaning get to the start or meet you mid ride?

thoughts? :)

been looking in to it via google maps, having checked distances i could meet you at Greenwich, 10miles from kilburn or stratford, again 10miles from kilburn, i will be returning to kilburn after the ride so i was thinking 10 miles to meet you, however many miles with you then leave you at somepoint, say westminster, which is then about 5 miles back to kilburn

still a sensible ride but it also means that if a i have a beer or 2 too many on friday night i wouldn't have to up too early!!

:D

would like to, just so i can ride it but was thinking of bringing my cyclocross bike as it'll be mainly roads, canals etc.

what is everyone else riding?

Ideas

You could ride to West Hampstead ThamesLink Station, about 1 mile from Kilburn High Road. About 40 mins to East Croydon on a train, check at the trainline.com for times and bike restrictions on this particular route. This route could also serve as a return route from the City at journey's end.

OR a longer ride down the A5, Kilburn High Road, Park Lane, etc. towards Victoria Station, then only a 15 minute express train journey.

OR a similar ride down towards the river at Westminster, for a Thames Clipper service to Greenwich (quite an adventure as they are very fast catamaran ferries which take bikes, plus some great views of London landmarks from the Thames too).

===============================================

I will probably go for the black Muirwoods, 26" wheels, 2" tyres, rigid frame. It is a bit slower than my 700c bike, but very comfortable and quicker to change inner tubes if punctured.

i think i'll aim to meet you in greenwich, it'll give me a bit of a time buffer

pm on way to swap mobile numbers

cheers
:D

jonnyboy666":3d14wsga said:
would like to, just so i can ride it but was thinking of bringing my cyclocross bike as it'll be mainly roads, canals etc.

what is everyone else riding?
If its mainly roads, it wont get muddy but will look like a boss! I might have to bring the HD camera with me just in case :cool:

I only have my Saracen, I cant justify more than one bike. I dont ride this one enough as it is!!

not worried about mud as such, the bike has already been filthy!! more a case of suitable bike for the ride :)

I'll see you guys on Saturday then around Stratford, PurleySquire just give me a call when your on the Isle of Dogs or does 12:30 sound good outside Stratford Station? Let me know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back