1995 Stumpjumper Xmas pressie

konacarl

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This a bike that I've had on the boil (in secret) for a few months.
My daughter has a Specialized Hotrock at present which she is starting to outgrow. Tested the water and she wanted another Speciailized bike and it had to be Sky Blue (Coventry you see).
Picked this up on Ebay in July for the princely sum of £50 plus a drive to Lincoln. It was poorly listed and was pretty tatty. However the thick layer of dirt had protected the alloy components in the main. Binned off the bottom bracket, chain, cables, saddle and brake levers along with the S-works grips which had hardened off and the shot to bits pedals.
Stripped it down and took it to a local powder coaters (3d finishers in Coventry) along with the RAL number for the colour.

Attachments

• stumpy 2 (250 x 186).jpg
    stumpy 2 (250 x 186).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 759
  • stumpy (250 x 186).jpg
    stumpy (250 x 186).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 759
Stumpy

Got it back from powder coating and having cleaned up the components put it back together along with some custom decals from Gil.
Managed to get some amberwall tyres on Ebay to finish it off and its sitting in a neighbours spare room ready to be sent to father Christmas. :D

The spec is virtually as it came new with LX and XT mixture along with Dia Come levers nd STX canti's. The only non standard parts used are the Syncros Headset, Ritchey grips and the Tyres.

Attachments

• carls phone pics 032 (1024 x 768).jpg
    carls phone pics 032 (1024 x 768).jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 755
  • carls phone pics 033 (1024 x 768).jpg
    carls phone pics 033 (1024 x 768).jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 755
  • carls phone pics 031 (1024 x 768).jpg
    carls phone pics 031 (1024 x 768).jpg
    180 KB · Views: 755
great job mate :cool:

Can't wait until my kids are old enoough for proper bikes. Will give me an excuse to have more bikes :D

Now that is what i call a x mass present ! i bet i wont find a nice s works steel in my stocking this year , just fecking nuts and a satsuma :LOL:
great job :D

Back