Royal Kin Mail

Robbied196

Senior Retro Guru
I got home to find a Royal Mail, 'Sorry you were out card', for something to be signed for.

Check the depot times and they close at 6pm. It was 5.45pm, no chance of ploughing back through the traffic for 6 :(

But, they open at 7am :)

Arrive at 7.10am clutching my card and ID :)

RM 7.25am 'Can we have a contact number, we can't find it' :(

Me, 'Well, its kind of urgent, it must be here, you tried to deliver it' (Said in a non sarcastic styley)

RM, 'I'll check the tracking number'

RM, 7.35am 'The tracking number shows its here at the depot, can we have a contact number?'

Me, :facepalm: Sure :(

That was 2 days ago, surprisingly, no call.
The question is how the f*** do they lose a letter in their own depot?

Come christmas the faults are as follows

the mail is so heavy that often unless it's a registered mail..the postman who left the card for a recorded item will likely just go home at the end of his delivery and not deposit it at the office till the next day if they are a walking postman

by then the message that said hey where is this item... has it been lost? ..has been lost also...so I would call the office, if no joy then ask to speak to the delivery manager

also come chrimbo many big cities hire casual labour for deliveries from agencies..many items go missing

General rule of thumb..try to avoid december for items that require post :D

if you haven't posted your packet by the 13th then I would leave it till after chrimbo. Most mail centres also recruit casual staff and most will not even speak english let alone be able to read it to make sure it gets were it's going as fast as it can

Mail centres will start to fail from the 13th of Dec, by the 21st of dec most mail centre staff would have earnt so much overtime that they reach breaking point and have reached the last payday before chrimbo..that they just give in and go back to basic hours despite the shedload still needing to be processed

I tend not to have these sort of problems because -

a) I've given authorisation for my postman to sign for items on my behalf.
b) If they're large items (signed for or not) he just leaves them in the porch, which is always open.
c) I don't live in the UK and I can't fault Isle of Man Post.

Actually, I can't really find fault with your Royal Mail either - twice in the last week I've ordered something at midday one day, received it about ten o'clock the next morning. Both came from "that UK" BTW, one all the way from Devon.
I've frequently sent largish (20kg) packages to Greece - from our little village PO to the distribution centre in Athens in little over 24 hours. Frankly, I still find that pretty incredible.

Then it can take maybe 3 or 4 days more to find its way to our village but there our postman will leave our mail at the village shop if we're not at home.

I sent a small packet with tracking from spain to the uk a couple of weeks ago. the latest update is from 14th nov - they attempted delivery but were unsuccessful. no updates since then.... the address is correct, the recipient has been to the delivery centre and asked but they know nothing... so we're both getting a bit arsed off with royal fail right now. I know they keep undelivered stuff for 18 days then return it (my return address is on the package), but does anyone know if they return stuff to sender if it came from abroad?

foz":jzjjssbx said:
now. I know they keep undelivered stuff for 18 days then return it (my return address is on the package), but does anyone know if they return stuff to sender if it came from abroad?
yes they do, i sent a mobile phone to indonesia but it had the wrong address on it (the scammer was an idiot) 3 weeks later it came back to me

Robbied196":h1fanrcf said:
I got home to find a Royal Mail, 'Sorry you were out card', for something to be signed for.

Check the depot times and they close at 6pm. It was 5.45pm, no chance of ploughing back through the traffic for 6 :(

But, they open at 7am :)

Arrive at 7.10am clutching my card and ID :)

RM 7.25am 'Can we have a contact number, we can't find it' :(

Me, 'Well, its kind of urgent, it must be here, you tried to deliver it' (Said in a non sarcastic styley)

RM, 'I'll check the tracking number'

RM, 7.35am 'The tracking number shows its here at the depot, can we have a contact number?'

Me, :facepalm: Sure :(

That was 2 days ago, surprisingly, no call.
The question is how the f*** do they lose a letter in their own depot?

My Stepdad is actually one of the managers at the Shrewsbury Depot (Castle Foregate - the one which is being closed I believe).

Considering the sheer amount of mail that they handle on a daily basis, especially in the run-up towards Christmas, it's unsurprising that they make the odd balls-up.

Percentage-wise, I can take an educated guess that they make a hell of a lot less mistakes than any of the courier companies do.

Barneyballbags":1fq1zg6e said:
My Stepdad is actually one of the managers at the Shrewsbury Depot (Castle Foregate - the one which is being closed I believe).

Considering the sheer amount of mail that they handle on a daily basis, especially in the run-up towards Christmas, it's unsurprising that they make the odd balls-up.

Percentage-wise, I can take an educated guess that they make a hell of a lot less mistakes than any of the courier companies do.

Can you ask him to have a look? :D

Robbied196":3hwifzmq said:
Barneyballbags":3hwifzmq said:

Can you ask him to have a look? :D

:LOL: :LOL:

cyfa2809":1nzlm3j5 said:
I love royal mail.

me to. much better than the private pirates. Who seem to be scared of my door bell and never use it. Just leave boxes near the door. Yes i checked the bell works

Back