I can't arsed...am I a bad Ebayer?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
No really, I mean, whats the point.
If you want to buy into this retro goodness, do you need to ask Q's like this

Morning. Could you give me a few more frame measurements please? - top tube length, bottom bracket to top tube etc.

Sorry if this is someone here, and sorry if I am being a grumpy old bar steward, but for fecks sake, my 18" Kona Kila aint some bespoke one-off-a-kind special build..the seat tube is short on a fecking Kona, why do you need to know that?

:LOL: Think I had better go and take a rest in a dark room.

What pills were they? Can you send me some pics? Will the Kona take a 600mm seatpost? Could you respray it? How much does it weigh? My hamster weighs 8lbs is that normal? What's the capital of Peru? Could you swap the tyres? Can you pay for postage? If amnesia stops you remembering using the axe is it still murder?

Agency_Scum":8wvi8ggf said:
What pills were they? Can you send me some pics? Will the Kona take a 600mm seatpost? Could you respray it? How much does it weigh? My hamster weighs 8lbs is that normal? What's the capital of Peru? Could you swap the tyres? Can you pay for postage? If amnesia stops you remembering using the axe is it still murder?

:LOL: :LOL: Stop it....my sides hurt.is that normal :?:

Don't start me off. I listed a frame once, listed the frame size in the title and the detail thing they have AND the description. Some bright spark asks me what size the frame is! HELLO! :shock:

[ THICK Bristle accent ]'Ere mate, 'ow big's zat big fing wiv der " big " label onnit in der " big only " section?[ / THICK Bristle accent ]

But (there's always a but) youve put items on ebay for 1 reason...you want to sell it and as annoying as the dumb ass questions can be your polite(through gritted teeth) answers may mean the difference between selling or not.

Ebayer reply

Hi all
Yeah we all get stupid questions but I think if it helps someone buy my stuff its worth it.
I myself will usually ask for a measurement here and there, I bought an S works a while back and with my other specialized the sizing seems to vary a bit, so if it says 17 I think great, get a bit more info, namely the seat and top tube centre to centre. A lot of people measure the size themselves, and differently to the manufactures and that means I could be buying a 17 that is in fact an 18.5 which is then F***king useless to me. :evil:
Its best to double check, I have asked about two frames on this forum and both times I asked about the measurement to be sure, I dont think thats a stupid question, thats just somebody who is wondering whether to buy or not. I dont think I upset anyone asking that. (one I did buy)
With regard the Kona, I dont ride Konas and would want to check the other measurements. Now I know they came up short so I might fit. I know about my Speshs but not a huge amout about a lot of others. I wouldnt shell out money on something I wasnt sure I would fit.
The stupid ones are obvious and yeah if you want to sell we just have to tolerate it. Worse scenario is the wanker selling a frame or bike for good money and doesnt even reply to a question, doesnt inspire confidence to give them money and hope bike shows up. I had that last year when looking for a frame and it was spot on, yet the guy wouldnt answer a question about shipping. Thats life.
Sorry, this sound like a rant, its not really, probably more devils advocate.
I dont buy or sell that much on ebay, or anywhere else, and since joining this site I have bought quite a bit off of here, its great. This is where everybody generally knows their stuff so it works well. All your retro needs in one convenient location ;)

Anyway have a nice day.

Jamie..............................................(stepping down from the soap box)

Back