Raleigh Elan

lazeespite

Retro Newbie
Hi guys

Just bought a Raleigh Elan in good enough nick to ride around without too much work. One thing that definitely needs doing quickly is the brake hoods which are a sticky mashed up mess. I've not had drop bar brakes before so I'm unsure as to what type of hood I need to replace them, the levers are Shimano Exage 105(I think) but I cannot find specific hoods for this model. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

lazeespite":18yuhm1b said:
Hi guys

Just bought a Raleigh Elan in good enough nick to ride around without too much work. One thing that definitely needs doing quickly is the brake hoods which are a sticky mashed up mess. I've not had drop bar brakes before so I'm unsure as to what type of hood I need to replace them, the levers are Shimano Exage 105(I think) but I cannot find specific hoods for this model. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Worst comes to the worst, you can still find the complete levers rather than just the hoods on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... _PrefLoc=1

May not be all that much more expensive than a pair of hoods, either!

David

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
lazeespite":1csfqybz said:
Thanks for the advice, I found a brand new Exage brake set for £25!

I did actually spot that (I think it was Absolute Cycles flogging it) but wasn't sure if you wanted a whole brakeset. It's a good bargain though!

David

Back