Chopper project - finally finished!

Mamadirt that is ace & this is your next project... ;)

grifter.jpg

i had one!!

brand new when i was ten or eleven years old. cool as cool can be at the time.

think now i am 45 i would look a bit daft on one now tho?!!

Chopper.............cool as- all ye need now is a quick game of Mousetrap and a boing on the old space hopper afore ye watch Nod and the lads on Top of the Pops (but not Mr Glitter- nostalgia now Shuns Him.....).

Good looking job with it, Mamadirt.

Cheers for all the positive comments :)

Haven't been in the market recently Scant but I'll have a look next time I'm in town. There used to be a guy selling collectable toys with a stall just inside a few years ago before they refurbished and he had a Chopper on display (wasn't for sale though) - may be the same one.

Sunchaser - I reckon the Grifter was one of my first projects - long gone now though and no pics sadly. Bought it waay back when I was a youngster at the age of 40 as it was cheap and looked fun - a long obsession with BMX bikes followed . . . can't fault it :D

Good 'ol bike! I never had one though. Can anyone remember the Vindec (spelling?) Trecker? Sturmey Archer gears, 26" wheels, flatish bars and weird chrome fork reinforcement things that sort of looked like mirror images of the actual forks. I had one and never saw another!

Back