Technically speaking, the Gumtree wesbsite is so rubbish

are you sure its not your PC? Works fine on my iphone.

There is probably a couple of advertising scripts running on the site. Try disabling javascript in your browser or downloading Firefox and running an addin called NoScript.

No problems, just been browsing Gumtree and its all good!! I'm thinking may be your tinternet browser/server?

It's fine for me too (iPad, iPhone, Desktop).

Full of scammers ("sorry mate, my PayPal isn't working properly, if you send me a bank transfer I will send it to you straight away") - but apart from that, fine ;)

Full of crap bikes, nothing decent and retro and the website is horrible and every second post is an advert.

I keep away now.

Whilst we're on the topic, this one is definitely a scam (just in case anyone was thinking about treating themselves to a MacBook Air for Christmas):

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/apple-macbook-air-133-laptop-unwanted-gift/1003997161

Stupidly cheap, and a quick email to the seller revealed that he is "having issues" with his PayPal account, so I would need to make the payment via bank transfer. I offered to collect it in person and pay cash but he's "not in" this weekend apparently :roll:

I reported the advert to Gumtree and it's nice to see that they've taken action. Oh wait, they haven't..

Never had an issue with the website, always loads quickly.

However, it is an easy place to put up fake and scam ads, so the old adage applies, if it looks to good to be true it probably is!

Always remember that Gumtree was designed to be for face to face transactions.

Also be suspicious if any ad that only gives an e-mail address as a contact, real sellers will always give a contact telephone number.

Back