Guitar solo......one of my fav old 30's tunes but on guitar

:D :D
I was going to post that Al, but i think i've put it in every music thread on here so thought i'd give it miss time :LOL: :LOL:

51st state is cracking guitar too ;)

highlandsflyer":2m2pjcoz said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiNpAyBuCd0

Now that is how you play the guitar!

I hate that song - and with a vengeance. Probably because I got sick of playing it at practically every private function (weddings etc) that one band or another that I was in got hired for.

That and bloody "Lady in Red". I never minded playing (or dancing to) this though. If you've got a singer who a) is one of the sexiest women I've ever met and b) can sing better than Phyliss Nelson then you're on to a winner with this - that and that low D (36.5Hz) kicking the verse along.
For a bass player it's heaven.

I hate that song - and with a vengeance. Probably because I got sick of playing it at practically every private function (weddings etc) that one band or another that I was in got hired for.

That and bloody "Lady in Red". I never minded playing (or dancing to) this though. If you've got a singer who a) is one of the sexiest women I've ever met and b) can sing better than Phyliss Nelson then you're on to a winner with this - that and that low D (36.5Hz) kicking the verse along.

I was right with you, up until you LIKE the Phyliss Nelson song, I really hate that song, don't care how much fun it is for the bass player. :shock:

xerxes":3fajzr9l said:

I was right with you, up until you LIKE the Phyliss Nelson song, I really hate that song, don't care how much fun it is for the bass player. :shock:

I wouldn't sit and listen to it at home but it was a hell of a lot more enjoyable to play than either of those other two "songs" and it is possible to inject a bit more emotion into it

Anyway - my wife and I were at her company's Christmas party about five years ago, danced to this and were reckoned to be the sexiest dancers on the floor. Maybe everyone else was getting pissed at the free bar........ :roll: However, my wife is a good dancer, that's for sure but this is the sort of stuff that's perfect . I love these slow 3/4 Country songs.
But then I am just an old hillbilly, of course.

Back