which forks.

dablk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking to possibly put somthing on my 98ish Kona king kahuna as my hunt for rigid p2's continues.

thinking high end/light/with brake bosses. not fussed about big travel just weight.

Dont need to be era specific but trying to keep the geometery as faithfull as possible.

thoughts?

sids if so which year?

bombers everytime. 80-100mm travel im guessing would suit the frame geometry. and 1998 in my opinion was the best looking year. And they are quite light. And bomber and kona's just go together. It just works. :)

yeah been thinking that way.

do the new steerer tubes thast are kicking around fit on the older forks? my biggest issue is the mega headtube on this. so need really long steerers

what size frame is it. and what size steerer would you need? head tube including headset size.

its a 20 inch kona with a 1 1/8 15cm headtube. Chris king headset i think is around 34mm stack.

so would need to be around 185mm if threaded

or min 215mm ahead.

Good spot. Not fussed about period.. More geometry, would even be happy if the was a more modern v brake fork but with short travel and low atc... Rest of build is 2011 xt.

Windwave will put a new steerer in for £40 if it is a press fit crown/steerer affair. Had mine done and they were perfect. Means you can get a good fork even with a short steerer, it can be sorted!!

Call them though and dont email, they dont seem to reply to emails.

Back