Anyone live near Christchurch?.....

Just got in from walking the dog - to say the New Forest is damp would be something of an understatement! It hasn't recovered from the summer. :roll:

JeRkY":30eemh73 said:
I lived there for a month in January 09, and am sorry to say I was glad it wasn't any longer than that!

Similar.

If I never go back again it will be too soon. I found the people to be completely obnoxious money obsessed w*****s to boot.

Shame 'cos the outdoors round that part of the world is beautiful.

I think MikeD lives there or in a small town nearby - an exception to the completely obnoxious money obsessed w*****s mentioned above.

To give credit where due however, it did turn me on to old bikes - I had to buy one cos the public transport was so shit / non existent and I didn't fancy any of the then-current new bikes.

BB.

It's not a bad part of the world, but its no mountain biking mecca being practically flat! Some great spots for larking around on a bike can be found at Lymington (Buckland Rings) and Christchurch (St Catherine's Hill) but like BoyBurning said, there are an annoying majority of non local rich folk who seem to go out of their way to make arses of themselves and are no fans of the mountain biker. For a full days riding you're probably best heading out west to the Purbeck Hills or east to Queen Elizabeth park near Petersfield.

The rich ones are 'DFT' (Down From Town) - go to the White Buck in Burley to hear discussions of bonuses. :shock:

There's good riding if you go north onto the Wiltshire downs too. The forest is great - not big for the full sussers with tats and baggy shorts, but nice for a full day's riding.

IOW has lots of good stuff too.

BoyBurning":38xxwgvg said:
I think MikeD lives there or in a small town nearby - an exception to the completely obnoxious money obsessed w*****s mentioned above.

I'm a bit east of Christchurch ;)

And yes, devastatingly flat very locally, but there are hilly bits within easy striking distance. New Forest is lovely for road riding...

Latest posts

Back