Ronson Custom Build

callum_t

Dirt Disciple
Thought I'd take some time to get some opinions about what I've been building for the last few weeks.

Basically I have been riding mountain bikes for a long time now, and moving into the city centre meant naturally (to me at least) if I was traveling any distance I'd rather have a dedicated machine to get me around. After borrowing a couple of old road bikes and then been given a nice Carlton (which was waaayyyyyyyy too big for me) I decided to finally buy something of my own.

I was lucky enough to one day have a cycle jumble flyer popped under the seat of one of my borrowed bikes while it was locked up at uni, so I went to the jumble and basically managed to cobble together this, nice little ronson.

I know true roadies will destroy me for the whole campag / shimano car crash that going on but overall I think with a few component changes at jumbles in the future the build overall will be quite an achievement.

Attachments

• Ronson-3.jpg
    Ronson-3.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 693
  • Ronson-2.jpg
    Ronson-2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 693
  • Ronson-1.jpg
    Ronson-1.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 693
Nowt wrong with that !!! I love it when I see an old bike zip past me still in use irrespective of componentry :) :)

I like it. Frames really bonny, I Love the colour changes especially around the seat tube. Parts mix isn't a problem. A joy to look at,

Thanks alot guys, I'm glad i got it all finished because now I to refurb that Carlton Corsair to sell it.

I'll probably need some help in knowing how much to list it for ect. so any contribution will be appriciated.

Another cheeky photo from yesterday.

Attachments

• Ronson-new-1.jpg
    Ronson-new-1.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 555
Just some cheap MTB flats so I can get to places without having to commit to proper shoes, suppose Icould try and find some old school toe clips?

Also been meaning to switch out the Shimano 600 EX brake lever set for a set of some Campag Chorus ones just finding them is a bugger! and with Black hoods

Back