D

After seeing all the 'Lobo Love' that's out there would anybody else be interested in a meet, maybe in the spring, where we could share idea's, thoughts and then a bit of tame downhill riding on these 90's icons??

ChrisBrown81":17ad522h said:
I saw the video that mbuk did about that review. They were talking about the Carbon Lobo. They did make some valid points about them snapping but that's why GT only made the Carbon version for one year...to be fair it was the first time anyone had dabbled in carbon for a downhill bike. They should have mentioned that if it wasn't for bikes like this we wouldn't be where we are today with modern design!!
S
I thought they made the carbon one for 2 years on two different suspension designs :?
This below is the GT i had new back in the day 1997,loved how it looked but it was a terrible bike to own i recall,amongst a lot of other things i think i had the rear shock replaced under warranty 4 times alone,lol i only rode mine casually,i remember mine wasn't the only one of the design that was in and out he shop ether,i went for a marin team DH after which was far more reliable.
Surprised there is any still knocking around as didnt the carbon/plastic frames break under heavy use ?
Was the model after mine more reliable ?
Never owned any GTs after as that one put me off for life :LOL: , although i thought they looked/still look awesome .

photo1_zps9baa531a-1.jpg

The sts dh did have its faults as did the sts lobo, but both in my opinion were things of beauty and both if ridden lightly will last a long time. Weak areas were the alu/carbon joints head tubes etc. But the alu versions of the Lobo and Lts are capable of taking some serious abuse! I will never sell my Lobo, it truely is my pride and joy.

ChrisBrown81":247ik3dg said:
The sts dh did have its faults as did the sts lobo, but both in my opinion were things of beauty and both if ridden lightly will last a long time. Weak areas were the alu/carbon joints head tubes etc. But the alu versions of the Lobo and Lts are capable of taking some serious abuse! I will never sell my Lobo, it truely is my pride and joy.
Dont blame you mate ,lovely looking things you would never get sick of looking at one would you :cool:

ChrisBrown81":1x4jq2cx said:
hahaha what a great picture!!!!! Where did you find it??

Had dad look through a few old dirts for me as i was after a certain picture, we have from issue 1 to now, also found 3 issues of rush which was mbuk's dh mag. I was going to post email you this one but ill show ya and instead.

main.php

Back