Frightening ride today!

Glad to hear you got a decent outcome on this, makes it worthwhile in making a complaint. You do have to wonder though if the director hadn't been a keen rider would you have received the same answer?

Did my first ride in 9 weeks today following some surgery - I'd been itching to get out and looked at the forecast - cold but little wind so took a day off work. The flooded areas along the Trent meant many areas to the east where out of bounds and A roads had to be used more than I had planned and my speed was considerably slower than usual - headed out towards Loughborough - have to say what an awkward ride - was almost hit on the A6006 by off all things a motorbike who thought he was on the isle of man! Biggest problem though was the layer of mud & muck on the B roads that's evident in the kerb line - very slippery indeed.

Still, shouldn't complain too much - wasn't in the office, was on a bike and got to some sunshine. And no adverse affects on the body as yet!(probably won't be able to walk tomorrow though).

Back