Bruce Gordon Cinelli tribute

DSC00460.JPG

There you go.. :)

This frame is currently for sale for $3000. That's $800 less than our going rate for a custom frame with cutout lugs,

WTF, nearly £2,000 for an off the peg frame, who do they think they are, Colnago? I don't like those lugs either, lol.

fiks":26ryr5nv said:
WTF, nearly £2,000 for an off the peg frame, who do they think they are, Colnago?
He's Bruce Gordon - one of the most highly regarded framebuilders in the world today.

It's a lot of money, and aesthetically it's not quite my cup of tea, but in terms of workmanship it'll trounce anything from the Colnago factory - or the Cinelli factory, for that matter.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's very much a one-off frame by a very respected framebuilder. Not sure what Richard Sachs charges these days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than $3000 if he's even still making frames. Most of that generation of leading American framebuilders have hung up their welding torches.

Call me a philistine but I'd rather have a Cinelli Supercorsa at a few £100 less if I was going off the peg or if I was going to spend that sort of money a Paulus Quiros or a Ricky Feather.

I don't know if it's the colour or the graphics but it just doesn't set my heart racing.

Back