A pair of Raleigh Dynatechs

Lovely. 705 is rather stunning, although could do with some parts changed.

Bars are at weird angles on both bikes which detracts from the overall look.

Nice!!

I have a '94 755Ti as my work bike/commuter/'dogs-body' bike

Variances from standard are;
- Campag Chorus Chainset (172.5MM & 52/39), plus relevant BottomBracket (still as smooth today as the day it was fitted
- Ritchey seatpin (did have a Selle-Italia Flite from new, but that's now on my Ridley)
- Ritchey stem (120MM)

It did have Scott Drop-Ins for a few years (still got them hanging up in the garage)

Thanks for the responses.

Just in case anyone's interested, both were bought off ebay, the 525 only a month or so ago from Cornwall after waiting ages for a nice 23" one to appear. The 705 was a couple of years back now. Both are original apart from cables on the 525 and the levers, cables and saddle on the 705 (I need a nice 90's Vetta Gel saddle for it).

The 705 originally had Shimano 600 levers but one failed and could not be repaired so I just took it in and told them to sort it completely - it has had a great deal of use since.

I have the handle bars at that angle to make it more comfortable as the handle bar stems on both are very long.

Hopefully I will build up a collection of nice Dyna techs and the red one mentioned would be nice but they need to be 23" frames.

I also have a very nice and totally original Raleigh Quasar, another not so tidy Quasar as a spare commuter and a nicely sorted Dawes Ultra as the main commuter.

Tim

Back