'91 GT Avalanche

Have had a few days off work and managed to spend a little more time on this.

The Front XT Shifter now works perfectly :D , sprayed some Hope Sh1t Shifter inside the mech, blasted it out with water then compressed air to get rid of most of the water & left it to dry on the radiator then lubed the inside with some Finish Line Ceramic lube, lovely and smooth with quick shifting.

Had a nice ride on it after getting the front mech working and thought the BB was then failing due to the amount of squeaking it was making and it was getting worse under load :( thankfully I worked out it was because it was raining and the sides of my trainers were rubbing on the crank arm :roll:

I still have a creak coming from my handlebar, only creaks if my left hand is on the bar though, guessing it might have had a knock at some point and maybe its a little weaker? Am going to try moving it around as my wrists do ache a little on it currently.

Matthew

Love the Avalanche, I remember longing after the one in the LBS window back in the day.

It's a fine example you have there, well done.

Another little change. I don't like silver/chrome and as the original skewers were silver and had bits of rust I thought I'd change them

20121209_123719.jpg

20121209_123640.jpg

Matthew

Latest posts

Back