For anyone who has ever had a bike stolen

No, it is illegal to own a handgun. Those that own shotguns and rifles are tightly controlled by police, as said. Urgo not a status symbol. Some kids think guns are cool, but they can't own them legally.

Pyro Tim":3m2nhj1y said:
Those that own shotguns and rifles are tightly controlled by police, as said. Urgo not a status symbol.

You've obviously never been shooting on a private estate, what gun you have is just a big a dick wave as what car you drive or how many bikes you have in your sig.

There is one armourer in England that make guns soley for the titled classes, these guns never come up for sale and will not be sold to the general public, ergo status symbol.

Edit: Status Symbol is being used in it's basest sense, someones status in society. Not as a negative term.

B77":c8oeqblk said:
There are a few from the uk on here who shoot, so are they criminals too ?

If they shoot pistols, (other than black powder) then yes they are criminals, as the rest of my post says.

What makes you think I'm not a shooter?

I held FAC and shotgun certificates for over 15 years and used to shoot Police Pistol 1500 and Practical Pistol as well as Practical Shotgun, until our wonderful Govt. made all my legally held firearms illegal.

NeilM":38jbh2br said:
B77":38jbh2br said:
guns are seen as some kind of status symbol (in the UK too it seems) and something to be lauded

That is only amongst criminals.

Handguns of any sort are illegal in the UK and have been for many years, with rifles and shotguns extremely tightly controlled.

As the saying goes 'When you criminalise all the weapons, the only people with weapons, are the criminals'.

Read the post, I was referring to all guns in the general not pistols in the specific.
Anyway I though smallbore pistol shooting was still allowed with special dispensation no ?

B77":1pg4kjsv said:
Pyro Tim":1pg4kjsv said:
Those that own shotguns and rifles are tightly controlled by police, as said. Urgo not a status symbol.

You've obviously never been shooting on a private estate, what gun you have is just a big a dick wave as what car you drive or how many bikes you have in your sig.

There is one armourer in England that make guns soley for the titled classes, these guns never come up for sale and will not be sold to the general public, ergo status symbol.

Edit: Status Symbol is being used in it's basest sense, someones status in society. Not as a negative term.

I haven't. Going in a fortnight

highlandsflyer":zpkt5d06 said:
Your ridiculous remark, and extreme scenario regarding a member of my family is not only offensive, it is totally inappropriate.
Strangely enough I disagree. But I don't expect you to admit you'd mash him to pulp because that would go against all the moral posturing you like to indulge in. Of which crimes do mental health issues absolve you of responsibility? (That's a rhetorical question btw- I don't want an answer).

As for the rest I can't be arsed arguing with you. We're clearly never going to agree. On anything.

highlandsflyer":19w90u6k said:
My_Teenage_Self":19w90u6k said:
Everyone here has jumped to a strong conclusion.

Consider that they actually DID get into a 50:50 fight, and the owner came off just as bad?

Don't believe the american media - they put a very heavy spin on things.

I don't think we all have.

I would expect the perp to be facing associated charges if it went down 50/50.

You expect the 'perp' (I assume you mean the owner of the bike) to be facing associated charges? You expect him to ALSO be charged of stealing the bicycle?

To paraphrase the article:

guy stole bike
The owner gave chase
they fought
the 'perp' was charged with theft

Read it properly. The court case was only concerned with the theft of the bike, nothing to do with the fight.

:roll:

If the thief had returned equal fire there he would certainly have been some mention of it, and he would be very unlikely to be released.

Back