KLEIN Adroit Attitude Repaint / Repair

The thickness is influenced by the size of the colour pigment and layers of clearcoat. I can influence the thickness from zero to 150µm.

Original a mc2 debossing is thinner than a mc1 debossing because of the pigment size.

Color

And we've learned something again today ;) the Adroit backfire is superb! What a bikes your painting Martin.. :) stunning

YES! Perfect, can't wait to build it, not sure yet about some parts, but i'll see ;)

To Audi-allroad: if i ever sell this one, and then i say IF, i will tell it's been repainted by Martin, i think after these threads it's not really a secret anymore ;)

Some new projects are in the line. Coral Reef, Rainforest and Team Storck.

I like to start with the Coral Reef. At first i have to mix, save and match the color with an original painted frame. The frame will be stripped and painted in Painted Desert later.

Some impressions of a test tube to save the color.

klein_coral_reef_etoe_72_1.jpg

klein_coral_reef_etoe_72_2.jpg

klein_coral_reef_etoe_72_3.jpg

:D
yep, that's mine!
I was hoping Martin would make this an example project!

Looking forward to the progress!

@1Martin:
I can imagine you would like to save the colors for future projects in Coral Reef.
I noticed the paint on the frame is fainted / faded a lot in some particular areas. I think the best original color is found on the chainstay (so right side) since I believe a chain protector of some kind was attached.
The top tube and down tube have a lot of sun fade, especially the "pink". Originally this was much darker I am sure!
All in all the greenish/blue color is well preserved I guess. This has still a metallic glow as where the pink is matt/not shiny at all anymore.

Good luck!

Marcel

awsome work Martin!!!
once i got a Attitude frame in not so good condition i will send it over to you for a gator repaint :)

Back