Wookiee's 2008 Marin Rift Zone...triggers broom!

webba":3m8jckq4 said:
very nice , have you weighed it ?

Yup it weighs in at a what I would call respectable 28.3 lbs/12.8kgs....Which I know is still weighty buy some standards but I'm happy with it and at 16 stone myself I get a bit jittery at anything too light and fragile!

wookiee":3henzeyh said:
webba":3henzeyh said:

Yup it weighs in at a what I would call respectable 28.3 lbs/12.8kgs....Which I know is still weighty buy some standards but I'm happy with it and at 16 stone myself I get a bit jittery at anything too light and fragile!
Did you update the rear shock for your weight ?

Nope the rear shock is standard...but

Wheels/cranks/cassette/front and rear mechs/seat/post/brake levers&calipers/gear levers/tyres/pedals...basically the frame and forks are original!

The wheels were the biggest weight saving...

mrpedigree":2bpxhiyl said:
wookiee":2bpxhiyl said:
webba":2bpxhiyl said:

Ahh sorry misunderstood the question! No I just run it at a high pressure around the 200psi mark...

wookiee":3dt4f2o2 said:
mrpedigree":3dt4f2o2 said:
wookiee":3dt4f2o2 said:
webba":3dt4f2o2 said:

Ahh sorry misunderstood the question! No I just run it at a high pressure around the 200psi mark...
Even at such a high pressure is that shock designed to take your/our hefty weight tho ? :)
I am only going off what they told me at mojo ,they said the way i was running my spring to compensate for my weight(16-17 st) it was compromising the integrity of the shock :? if i am honest i didnt have a fcuking clue what they was on about but once i had the right shock for my weight it was Crystal,it was just so much better to ride .

Ahh sorry misunderstood the question! No I just run it at a high pressure around the 200psi mark...[/quote]Even at such a high pressure is that shock designed to take your/our hefty weight tho ? :)
I am only going off what they told me at mojo ,they said the way i was running my spring to compensate for my weight(16-17 st) it was compromising the integrity of the shock :? if i am honest i didnt have a fcuking clue what they was on about but once i had the right shock for my weight it was Crystal,it was just so much better to ride .[/quote]

Well I have never had any issues as I say the shock is running at about 200psi and can take upto 250psi according to the spec of the shock. I have the correct about of sag and with the rebound adjustment I have managed to fine tune it to my liking.

What I have found from a few of my riding buddies who have come from rigid bikes to full suss is that they have the rear shock running too hard. As they are used to the rear not moving at all. To be honest when I first started riding full suss I too was guilty of this. My thoughts are now that it is a full suss, it is supposed to move! Also I have always preferred the flexability of air shocks both front and rear....

Fallen out of love with the ol Rift Zone...so thinking of splitting and selling to fund other bikes...any interest in any of the parts pm me...

Back