Woodrup track bike 1970 s

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
I just picked up a handful of woodrups. Here's the first
I have been told and will follow up with frame numbers that it is a a 70s frame. About 22 inches definite track geometry toe overlap etc is tight. I think fresh tubs, bar tape, solvol autosol and aching fingers from polishing should see this looking brill. Milremo saddle and seat pin look great. Campag hubs on super champion rims.
Apologies for the poor camera work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 728
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 725
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 722
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 721
That looks well inviting.. apart from the bar-tape :( :) ....and that big gear!

I got one of those saddles.. had it for over thirty years now.. but it's not in the same condition that this one is in.. :)

IIRC the first two digits of a Woodrup frame number tell you the year it was built?

Thank you for that tip, I'll be checking that out in the morning. Not sure whether to source an older looking perforated tape or use modern cork? I am so excited about getting to grips with this bike, it's going to start getting such a sorting tomorrow. Oh yes that gear looks scary.

Don't quote me on it! :) TBH I can't think where I would have got that information except Classic Lightweights. I had a look there after I posted this to check, and although CL bikes nearly always have a serial number stated, it seems that neither of the two Woodrups there do... so it could be my memory playing up. Anyway, with four Woodrups to hand you have a lot of 'evidence' to work out their numbering system! Also, that looks like a post-'76 'TI' Reynolds decal.

As for bar tape, I'm a terrible person to ask.. While it was still available I used Tressostar. These days I just make my own out of charity-shop leather, glad that I don't have to deal with the gummy mess left by adhesive tape..

torqueless":1bacpbbt said:
Don't quote me on it! :)

As for bar tape, I'm a terrible person to ask.. While it was still available I used Tressostar. These days I just make my own out of charity-shop leather, glad that I don't have to deal with the gummy mess left by adhesive tape..

I ve get tressostar on my holdsworth and I think it sets an old bike a right treat.

Back