Where are you all?

Just found this bit of Retrobike - I'm in south central mid Sussex and would be interested in jaunts round the South Downs and Ashdown Forest ( need about 6 mths heads up time)

Retro Cat":1gz0whai said:
Just found this bit of Retrobike - I'm in south central mid Sussex and would be interested in jaunts round the South Downs and Ashdown Forest ( need about 6 mths heads up time)

Where abouts are you ?? im in haywards heath ...the heart of mid sussex apparently !! could hook up for a bimble some time ;)

Mick :)

I'm just south of Reading - have been out to Leith Hill with various RBers and they are ALWAYS a good day out.
My normal winter riding tends to be along the Kennet&Avon canal, west towards Newbury, Hungerford and Bedwyn.
Newbury is about 30 miles there and back
Bedwyn is 52 miles round trip.
It's flattish but always ridable - good for getting some winter miles in.

godders":1dz627ed said:
Retro Cat":1dz627ed said:

Where abouts are you ?? im in haywards heath ...the heart of mid sussex apparently !! could hook up for a bimble some time ;)

Mick :)

If Haywards Heath is the heart then Hassocks (where I am) is more the large intestine...would deffo be up for some bimblige

Location, location, location

I'm based approximately at the point where the A22 and A23 meet in South London. Just on the edge of the North Downs, places like Leith Hill are about 30 minutes away by car, a bit longer by train or riding.

Most of the time I am up and down the A23 to the City "like the Asyrian Empire".

I have been on a couple of "Tour de Cake" rides and a couple of proper rides. The proper rides were quite hard work, but worth the effort.

On occasion I will jump on the bike and go exploring the off road potential of the local area. Recently; Oxleas Wood (Eltham) and Mitcham Common (Croydon) have been a couple of pleasant surprises. Next on my radar are the Shirley Hills, there are no official mtb routes, but I have been recommended to go explore.

Now - Angmering, just outside the South Downs national park

before that for 4 years - Worthing

before that for 18 months - Burgess Hill

before that - all over the bloody place

originally from - High Wycombe/Marlow/Maidenhead - spent my youth tearing up Burnham Beeches

I've been having a baby. :D
And suffering with knee problems :(

Missing the bike loads, but loving my new little boy...

And next week, I will mostly be riding the hills around Brechfa!
Thermals are packed!

Back