Old Konas

I agree, that really is a very nice looking bike...

...the only thing I would have done significantly differently would be to grind off the front cable-stop and run a full-length outer for the rear brake, held in place by a couple of Dia-Compe clips...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dia-Compe-Bra ... 5d2c3e7285

...used them for the rear Magura hose on my cro-mega :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Much as you could have done several options with new guide or guide removed. I think you have done the right thing. Very quick cheap option and it lets you return the frame to canti brake if you ever wanted to restore it back to original spec.

look forward to seeing the hahannah.

Very nice loving the colour :) :) Those charge spoons are a cracking finishing touch and have a colour to suit almost any build ... Have them on 2 of my kona's

Enjoy :cool:

chain problem...

Chain keeps jumping out of the ring, on the last two cogs. Any ideas? I am allready using the 118mm BB. Should the 123mm fix that?

(very unpleasant feeling, especially riding inside Athens. Some of you know how we drive down here....)

That's a lovely build. Clean and uncomplicated. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Hahanna.

Re: chain problem...

hidefnick":an4uvubm said:
Chain keeps jumping out of the ring, on the last two cogs. Any ideas? I am allready using the 118mm BB. Should the 123mm fix that?
Do you mean the biggest two sprockets or the smallest two? You need a chainline of around 47.5mm, so if you haven't got that at the moment, adjusting the bb spindle length might be the way to go.

On the smallest two sprockets. (I have not measured the chain line :oops: )

If it is way big I afraid I will have to get reed of the ring, as it is about 3-4mm from the chainstay...(Putting from the inside of the crank is not an option -no space to do it)

I occasionally had this issue when running a 46T front ring against an 11-23T rear cassette on my Cannondale (link to the bike is in my sig), despite the chainline supposedly being 'ideal' - I had it checked out two or three times by different mechanics.
In the end, I put it down to the (lack of) distance between the large(ish) front ring and small(ish) rear cassette - a Derailleur can only do so much, and the problem always seems to be on the top rather than underneath if you know what I mean. I might be running not-quite-enough chain too.
Let's just say that I'm now extremely competent at putting the chain back on with my foot, whilst riding (it always throws the chain outwards). Once had to do it descending off the Brighton side of Ditchling Beacon at about 45mph.
I've learned to back off putting load on the chain when shifting into that gear, especially if I'm on a bumpy surface or about to descend.

Post a pic of your bike with the chain on the smallest rear sprocket - I'm betting it will look a bit like a Pursuit Track bike...

Again a suggestion with no experience but would running a short cage road mech help at all rather than the shadow xt?

Back