Raleigh USA Technium Peak (Baltic Bawbags Ride)

cool

i love the frame geometry of these early mtbs, as soon as the top tube starts to slope down so does my interest slightly, great build and will be rare as.

Re: cool

Oh dear, I don't know how to put this but I've checked and there's about a half a degree slope on the toptube :shock:. I know what you mean though, nothing says retro to me like a flat toptube frame.

Cheers,

Col

wontchuckanut":3gg8plgy said:
i love the frame geometry of these early mtbs, as soon as the top tube starts to slope down so does my interest slightly, great build and will be rare as.

Ace looking build you have going on there :cool:
A Technium Heat came my way a few months ago ;) its been put together with a bit of a mish mash of parts and is used for road duty,
the paint work is in prety poor shape (next project maybe) any idea what the difference is between the frames ?
Mick :)

godders":2bx5nxwq said:
A Technium Heat came my way a few months ago ;) its been put together with a bit of a mish mash of parts and is used for road duty,
the paint work is in prety poor shape (next project maybe) any idea what the difference is between the frames ?

EDIT: The Peak was a second in the range - Easton E9 tube frame shared with the Chill (3rd) the others down the range had different Aluminium used in the main tubes I think E8 etc.

There is a higher spec one too - the 'Sheer' - it has a posher tube material (Easton C9) - see mombat:

http://www.mombat.org/Raleigh.htm

nevadasmith":kdabia1g said:
godders":kdabia1g said:

The Peak was top of the production range - Easton E9, the others had different Aluminium used in the main tubes I think.

There is a higher spec one too - it has a posher tube material and green decals - there is one of these on the site somewhere.

Trust me to end up with the shit one :roll: ... well it was free so cant complain realy ;)

Mick :D

godders":oamo6sjg said:
nevadasmith":oamo6sjg said:
godders":oamo6sjg said:

The Peak was top of the production range - Easton E9, the others had different Aluminium used in the main tubes I think.

There is a higher spec one too - it has a posher tube material and green decals - there is one of these on the site somewhere.

Trust me to end up with the shit one :roll: ... well it was free so cant complain realy ;)

Mick :D

Far from it - they are all really nice frames :D

Back