Hatton lost.

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
9th round body shot to his left side, straight to his knees gloves
on the canvas counted out.

3 n'half yrs is a longtime when matched, even Clay fell foul of it (and then carried on to reclaim the undisputed title). Leonard pulled it up in similar conditions (though he did run aplenty and had the challenge changed from a 15 round event into a 12 round contest-with the ring size extended).

No shame for richard, took a tough opponent on (like always), hope he's exorcised his demons.

highlandsflyer":1tmlnu1d said:
I am not sure he should retire after one bout, despite the way it went. I think he should have fixed on a half dozen at least.

An 8 round bout might have been wise, he's game,gives the paying supporters thier monies worth...like Clay did, except he paid the price. McGiugan got slated for seemingly bailing out too early, now he's still married to the same girl, very articulate with $'s in the bank.

I just think he should have been prepared to take a defeat better this time.

Obviously should have started with an easier match.

Saw an interview with him before the fight on the Tv the other day (might have been on BBc news), he seemed quite realistic about the effects of being out of the game for so long, but said he felt more fired up & determined than ever.
Obviously whatever he had has deserted him since his defeat to Mayweather Jr, I think he should just retire once and for all.

I think he has anounced his retirement?
So the local news is saying anyway? I think he should before he gets seriously hurt.

Think he was maybe a bit deluded to think he even had a shout.
3 years out, 5 stone weight to lose and a 12 week training regime? Does that really equip you for a top class fight?
Hope that is it, as he was one of my favourite boxers and was in danger of discrediting himself.

Decent payday though!

Back