What are your top 3 Italian frame brands?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Orbeas,

Apologies, i meant that i wondered if the Alans that i saw as a youth were still in existence and operational - 30 years on.

alan

Hi TGR

they still turn up for sale, they are an interesting ride with flexy front forks, especially the cross frames, and have bonding issues due to age..

Orbeas, that was my point. I seem to vaguely remember someone getting a new Alan and it had to be returned due to the frame 'coming apart'. I actually never really understood what was wrong until now - 30 years later!

Thanks

Legnano
Cinelli
Daccordi

i always wanted one like Maurizio's World Champ winning bike - awesome colour scheme and just a beautiful looking bike built up..anyone got one? (the silence is deafening!)

leg2.jpg

leg1.jpg

..not all fat, ugly oversized things that you see out on the road today, invariably painted black or white!!

:roll:

rusty bodie":3pj4sl5j said:
Legnano
Cinelli
Daccordi

i always wanted one like Maurizio's World Champ winning bike - awesome colour scheme and just a beautiful looking bike built up..anyone got one? (the silence is deafening!)

..not all fat, ugly oversized things that you see out on the road today, invariably painted black or white!!

You do realize that by the time that Fondriest was riding Legnano that the company had been completed gutted and was nothing more than a sub-brand of Bianchi, produced by Bianchi. The real Legnano bikes more or less died out in the 60's after having reached their prime during the Bartali years. I used to own a cambio corsa equipped Legnano and it was indeed a very nice bike, but not quite up to the workmanship levels of similar-aged Benotto or Bianchi bikes that I have owned. I also owned a very lovely team-issue Legnano from 1969-70 with Campagnolo vertical dropouts (one of the oldest bikes that I have ever seen with these drop-outs).

no i didn't realise that but i still want one - bianchis were gorgeous frames too and that makes me want one even more now.

so, instead of killing my dream of owning a legnano like fondriest's, you've actually enhanced it, so give yourself a pat on the back.

thanks!

here is a shot of Mario on his favorite ride ... ;)

From the Pinarello brochure.

fondriest.jpg

rusty bodie":1fe94vhy said:
favourite?

nahh, i'd say that he definitely looked happier on the
good old legnano/ bianchi/ whatchamacallit!!!

:cool:

True, I wonder what year the pinarello photo was taken? As far as I know he only would have been riding in the rainbow jersey in 89

Back