advice needed

piggy40

Dirt Disciple
i must admit straight up that bikes are not my thing but your site was reccomended to me, after a sudden family bereavment i found these bikes and know nothing about them i was going to stick them on ebay but have no idea of what description to give and any reserve to place.
theres a falcon 5? speed racer in need of some tlc and a bridgestone radac in very good condition, any help advice would be greatlt appreciated.

Without seeing them obviously its very difficult to say what they're worth or how to list them.

General advice would be to look on the frame for any tubing decals and key wording. Look on the brakes, gears, pedals, wheels, etc to see if there is any names on them. Even if the parts are not desirable at least you know that you have given the best description you can and will get a fair price.

You also need to measure the size of the bike which is measured from the centre of the crankset (where the pedals go) to the top of the seat tube (to the point where the seatpost (the part the saddle is attached to) sticks out).

If you can post then that will help your sale no end.

Take into account that eBay will take 10% commission.

thanks very much for your reply tel, the gears are shimono 105 and ill get the frame measured today.
i have listed on ebay if you want a look at photos just search for lizbeth8559

I found the bridgestone earlier but cannot find it now. Looked very clean and a reasonable spec.

I found the Falcon which I think is better than it looks. You see at the top of the seatube above where the F of Falcon is there is a badge in the centre of the tube. I could be wrong but I suspect that this is a Reynolds badge. If it is it will seriously increase the interest in your bike and is certainly worth mentioning in your description and title....Also it is not a 5 speed but a 10 speed (5 on the back 2 on the front 5x2=10)

yes it is a reynolds badge its not complete but you can read reynolds and underneath 53, how would i add this to my discription just say reynolds 53 badge?
both bikes are same size 25"
thanks again for your help.

The frame is Reynolds 531. Add that to your listing and it will certainly help your sale, 531 is a bench mark of decent frame quality (it won't go for mega bucks)

Neither of your bikes are 25" ;) Hold on I'll find you a link on how to measure:

50.jpg

Road bikes are commonly measured in centimetres these days too rather than inches, although either is fine.

Hope that helps.

Found the Bridgestone again. That is a lovely bike. I'd change the title to "Bridgestone Radac - Almost New - Shimano 105 - Retro". If there are tubing stickers then add any info from that.

It's a very nice I would hope to get £200+ for it at least.

The Falcon I'd hope to get about £100.

many thanks again , the frame size is 64cm ? i hope :D ive also been asked the lenghth of the top tube i presume this from underneath the saddle to handlebars , still finding stuff ive found a spare tyre still wrapped and a chain cleaning kit which ill throw in with the bike, also found a diamond back 21 gear mountain bike with snakestay y frame it was on the wall at the back of the garage, only just got that far and a honda cb750 supersport which looks in pretty good nick :D thats for me.
my brother in law was a lovely bloke but a bit of a hermit, when we opened the garage it was stuffed with stuff the front was just like a wall of boxes but after 30 plus trips to the tip we can now see all 3 walls.
i can remember him using the falcon in the early 80's he used to go youth hosteling around the country on it .

Back