What has been your contribution to mountain biking.......

I started a local mountainbike club by putting an advert in MBUK, this was int days before 'tinternet.
Got a few replies and got going.

Gradually built it up to a great bunch of blokes going for regular rides on a Sunday morning.

Then it got all political and I just stopped going.

I believe they are still going but it's turned into a downhill affair.

Yes funny how clubs change over time, power struggles, fluctuating turn out etc etc......i used to ride mostly by myself, but got involved with a group of about 15 when they all turned up in the early 90's it was great fun. Later tried to form a road club and a mtb club from the cycle shop i worked in................one of the local's (Wales) took great exception to this as i wasn't born in his town and said ' he ran all the clubs' and if i had a problem with that i knew where he lived (love the way the welsh get cetain sayings back to front :D ........best one was ' top dogger' written in a coed y brennin leaflet (meant to be top dog)...

Anyway although i'd lived in Wales for 37 years and grew up with slightly more friendly north wales peeps this guy and others didn't like a ' stranger' in the local bike shop trying to get people together and having fun, that was their job !!!..........they now claim full credit for the hard work done by many people over the years for trails being allowed in a certain area of mid-wales. Funny how some people claim ownership of something when it gets well known or money involved......rant over ;)

Ermm currently working on a project that will have a very positive effect on MTB'ing in Pembs, can't say too much at the mo.. ;) ;)
but do PM me if you're interested.

I'm a customer.
I bought all those boutique, light weight, drilled out anno parts that were CNC’ed to within an inch of their lives.
When they broke and I fell, I didn’t sue.

Mostly spending lots and lots of money on bikes and parts to keep the industry going, which let's face it, without my financial input would be exactly the same, entering a handful of events and posting infirmotive shite like this on various forums.

cycle chat 2010
bike radar 535
weightweenies 387
K2 riders 71
retrobike 1391

Back