Geoffrey Butler 1978

predki

Retro Guru
My recently bought bike - Geoffrey Butler. Made circa 1978, Reynolds 531 tubing, size - 22 1/2" or 57cm. Parts mostly Campagagnolo and Shimano. Probably I'm going to dress it up with Campy Super Record, but for now I use it as it is. More pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/100521097855449094739/GeoffreyButler1978
main.php

Very nice :). Thank God it's back to non aero levers :). Under chainstay cable run and allen key brakes plus the small hole for the portacatena dropout is likely early 80's.

GB bought a job lot of white paint 1977 and used it for quite a while :D

Shaun

Classic frame & would get that re-sprayed same color with same decals :)

It went to my friend who wanted it for his father, but at the moment his girlfriend uses.
Classic frame & would get that re-sprayed same color with same decals :)
I have set of decals (exactly the same) and if he wants to paint it he will get them, so maybe one day it will get new paint.

GB bought a job lot of white paint 1977 and used it for quite a while :D
White is kind of typical for GB, most bikes I've seen are this colour and I think it's nice, I like it :) but it gets dirty quickly.

I was told by original owner that he ordered it custom made in 1977 or 1978 but he wasn't 100% sure about that. He told me that that the frame is built from 531 tubes by or Cliff Shrubb or another well respected frame builder (whose name I forgot...). When I was servicing headset, I discovered that the fork is Columbus (Serial number is the same on bb and fork's steerer). Anyway It is very light frame of high quality and rides very well. The frame weights 1920g and the fork 715g.

Back