Orange Prestige differance

May 1992
So either late 92 going on 93 model
The rear cantilever hanger cable stop on the wishbone was the at a distance way.
But post pictures up.

Karmann":2dn60sto said:
My serial number is A2050250
Although Orange often made changes piecemeal, so you can never be sure of anything, I believe that they went over to using Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight for the Prestige during the first half of 1992, so yours might be right on the cusp of being either Superlight or just plain Tange Prestige (still an excellent heat-treated tubeset, but not quite so light).

On the other hand, if it is a May 92 Clockwork, it is going to be noticeably not so light as either type of Prestige. What does it weigh and what size is it?

Here's a couple of 92 Prestige frames. Note the several differences between them. I think Orange made changes every time they ordered another batch of frames. I remember Steve Wade being described as 'tinkering', so maybe that's his style of designing. The white diamond-shaped sticker denotes Tange Superlight.

Attachments

• 1992 Prestige frame size 19.jpg
    1992 Prestige frame size 19.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,412
  • 1992 Prestige frame size 17.jpg
    1992 Prestige frame size 17.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,410
FluffyChicken":1cq0phnm said:
Karmann":1cq0phnm said:
It's a built up bike so I'll strip it down and weigh it

Do pictures first or compare the stay canti cable stop to a Prestige
PICTURES!

Just to add now I'm on the computer, not a phone.
My belief is the Prestige used the wishbone cable stop as in the pictures above always for this year.
The Clockwork used a two pronged side to side type thing at this time. (it may have used the prestige style at some point earlier on* ?)
Of course if it has one the style above it doesn't mean it is, but if it doesn't I think it means it isn't

As an example (For reference A303xxx serial, top pull with roller, not the flat bottom to the reinforced seat tube section for this later 'future/zero's/square/.. style graphic)

GEDC0977.jpg

Clockwork similar era
clockwork_008_177.jpg

* the offset stay lower then the top tube, '92-ish ? bottom tube routed ?

Ok guys this is the bike in question, like I said before, I was told it was repainted in the mid 90s by Argos and then later type (more square) decals where applied. I just wanted confirmation of its type and I suppose you never know one of you lot may well know the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_4235     .jpg
    IMG_4235 .jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_4236    .jpg
    IMG_4236 .jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_4239   .jpg
    IMG_4239 .jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,378
Back