Anyone ski/snowboard??

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I went on my first ski holiday 2 years ago, and I'm totally hooked now!
Been 3 times now, and have 3 weeks planned for this season.
I didn't think I'd find a sport I enjoyed more than mountain biking, but I have.
Anyone else been bitten by this bug??

Did xc skiing until I started doing telemark about 10 years ago. Can't wait to find the time and money for it again ;)

Got dragged along on my first ever skiing holiday in February. French Alps. Absolutely loved it! Will definitely be doing it again some time after Christmas.

Regards

highlandsflyer":217jelmf said:
You should come up a look to the Scottish hills sometime, combine it with some biking.

^ This :)

I live in the city (!) - 10 minutes drive from me there's this :

5539791679_8b31122779_b.jpg

And on a moonlit night like the above, (long exposure, shot in the dark) you can fit in a coupla hours boarding/riding after work
:cool:

honestly, if there was more snow in the south east i'd give up riding bikes to ski.

may have to move to scotland too if thats how much snow you guys get. how long is the season up there?

I too love skiing, I just wished we had Mountains in the UK.

I am off to Lapland with my wife and young boy in a few weeks for my 40th so will get some skiing in then. I am also off to Bulgaria with my mates in Jan skiing, and then to Austria in Feb with some other mates skiing :cool:

Never tried Scotland as I didnt know if the snow was a bit hit and miss or not?

is that three or four months of skiable snow? if so may have to plan a trip :D

are any slopes suitable for little'uns? me and the missus are solid intermediates but would love to get the munchkins, ages 4 an 6, to have a go.

Back