- the heat-treated 'Hothead'

Detail pics of the Grove Hammerhead variation:

8195732563_0a7e45c3b0_c.jpg

8196822344_5b95764d8d_c.jpg

! Notice the tiny welds

8196824348_af6e53fcd5_c.jpg

Double quill adapter >>>

8195728473_399338e051_c.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm such of a fan of Grove Innovation's products, it's great to see such detailed shots of their work. Elev12k, you wouldn't be holding out on the rest of the bike, would you? ;) :LOL:

There is no bike with this Hammerhead :) I acquired it in 04 or 05 through an eBay auction. The seller is a member on here.

Elev12k":lt5h2dxu said:
There is no bike with this Hammerhead :) I acquired it in 04 or 05 through an eBay auction. The seller is a member on here.

Ah, I see. I had visions of the paint-matched bike (what beautiful visions they were :)). Any plans for this wonderful stem/bar combo? or is it just beautiful decoration to adorn the man-cave with? :).

Nice

Elev12k":3bd5nnrh said:

Its still looking good :cool:

I managed to find another one of these for my Brave build..one of my favourite bike parts ever. The welding is some of the best!

That is the man! Hi Slim :)

RustyGold":tiip1zch said:
Ah, I see. I had visions of the paint-matched bike (what beautiful visions they were :)). Any plans for this wonderful stem/bar combo? or is it just beautiful decoration to adorn the man-cave with? :).

Rusty,

Coincidently I do have a Grove Assault in an identical paintscheme, but it has a Hothead fitted already. This Hammerhead is NOS and I think it will stay like that. Item for display. Several years ago I asked Groovy Rody to build a Grove inspired bar/stem-combo for me. Rody is a great innovator not imitator himself, but kind as he is he decided to help me out. I needed it for a Koga, but current plan is it is going to be used for a Zieleman ATB.

Salut, somme more Hot and Hammerhead
Philippe

Attachments

• HotHead1.jpg
    HotHead1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,734
  • Kopievonx6.jpg
    Kopievonx6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,732
  • SNC16133.jpg
    SNC16133.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 2,735
So did Grove let GT use the idea for the Flip-Flop stemor was it the other way round? Or did nobody care either way?

Latest posts

Back