THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF COOK BROS NOSNESS

Cheers! Im stuck on the headset. For more than year I cant get the NOS silver no logo king. I started 4 other projects to forget the frustration..
I could probably go with AC or Slama Jamma though.

I have to look if there are some... I know i have one NOS silver road 130mm, and one 110 in turquoise that i dont need. What color r u looking for?

Just got a unbelievably beautiful nos VGS stem.
Its very thin and elegant. One is not used to such proportions!!
I put zooka next to it and otherwise thin and clean design of Zooka suddenly seems very different :) (fat and unfinished :D )
I would probably never dared riding it hard in the woods, even BITD. But it doesnt matter, sometmes is good to elevate yourself above all the boring function and create something ultimate.
If im not mistaken these "last generation" Stems were availible around 93 for quite short time. They r very rare.
So far on the internet i was able to track down pictures of just 4 different pieces.
One from CBR catalogue with geckos,
this one,
One on the BikePro webside
and
fourth in the picture on somebodys merlin

Attachments

• STEMS2.jpg
    STEMS2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,749
  • STEMS1.jpg
    STEMS1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,749
Re: THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF COOK BROS NOSNESS (new stem pic

Lovely, is that a 150mm???

Jake Elliott had one on his Fat Chance back in 1990

Re: THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF COOK BROS NOSNESS (new stem pic

Yeah. its 150mm, but it looks longer because of its thinness. :)

Re: THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF COOK BROS NOSNESS (new stem pics)

Took few years, but finally i got my hands on elusive Cook aluminium bars. :cool: Each seams to be from different year, since bend is diferent and logo is also slightly updated. Then i got very elegant direct mount singlespeed chainring for E2 and F cranks. I would be quite scared to really push onto the pedals. Its really thin. On the other hand star shaped 130BCD spider is so thick and heavy it will survive anything.

Attachments

• starhand.jpg
    starhand.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,361
  • WEB1.jpg
    WEB1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,360
  • web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,361
  • BARS-DETAIL.jpg
    BARS-DETAIL.jpg