Raleigh Dynatech MT4

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Unfortunately most of this build photos vanished - so added completed pictures on page 8 of this thread

Here's how she was like when I bought her:

main.php

And here she is now:

IMG_0374.jpg

and without the USE bar ends.

r7rnd0.jpg

The Evolution can be seen below, starting from my first attempts here (with MXCD Forks, XLite stuff and RS Mag 21's) and finally to it being in it's current state - on the very last of my posts.
[/b]

main.php

main.php

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    583 KB · Views: 809
  • file-5.jpg
    file-5.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 429
Love the MT4 - why change the fork? The MT4 was frame only so any spec will do.

Purely aesthetics:- lengthen front brake cable. Shorthen the rear. Cross the gear cables one either side of headtube and cross them back under the down tube.

Jeez I can be a pernickety bleeder at 03:50 and first night shift! :)

paininthe":17eq6vjb said:
Love the MT4 - why change the fork? The MT4 was frame only so any spec will do.

Purely aesthetics:- lengthen front brake cable. Shorthen the rear. Cross the gear cables one either side of headtube and cross them back under the down tube.

Jeez I can be a pernickety bleeder at 03:50 and first night shift! :)

Thanks man!
The MXCD needs new elastomers, and the rigid rc30 would be better as zero maintenance.

And I'll do what you suggested. Re the cabling, as it currently looks naff!

Will pm u with address, thanks for the offer of the brochure! Well happy! Ur graveyard shift prob coming to an end now haha!

Nice job. Elastomer service is easy or cheap which ever way youre inclined. Should consider sticking with them I reckon :)

I love them both, but that MT-4 is straight-up gorgeous!. I've wanted a Ti RSP/M-Trax/Dyna-Tech for some time. How does it ride?

RustyGold":2loov751 said:
I love them both, but that MT-4 is straight-up gorgeous!. I've wanted a Ti RSP/M-Trax/Dyna-Tech for some time. How does it ride?

Thanks Rusty - the RSP is a bit too big and loud for me, and I can see where Raleigh were going with the design, the mutation towards big huge front ends and a freeride style is evident! I can just imagine RSP bikes if they were around today!

The Dynatech goes like a Whippet, smooth, quick, light and pretty flexy and forgiving!
I love it!

tonedeaf101":26ge90lr said:
Nice job. Elastomer service is easy or cheap which ever way youre inclined. Should consider sticking with them I reckon :)

Lovely bikes these, especially the MT-4, very sure footed fast ride. but Pace Elastomers cheap? No way hosay! £40 plus £5 post a set, that's IF Pace have them and very trickey to obtain. They were out of stock for 8 months last time I wanted a set. They have some now, but £40 a pop plus post and will be lucky to last a year.

Well, Tim (Fork English) quoted me over £100 for a service and repair - the forks eren't worth the outlay, I instead am returning to forks to the seller for a refund and have put some more funds in to procure some Reynolds 531 Pace RC30's! Happy as Larry! maintenance free!

And will of course post some pictures when it's all done!

Reynolds also sell the decals! :)

ibbz":2soh737q said:
The Dynatech goes like a Whippet, smooth, quick, light and pretty flexy and forgiving!
I love it!

I had a, rather lowly in comparison, M-Trax in my youth and loved every inch of that beast. I didn't fully appreciate what I had. Sadly, It got stolen shortly after acquiring it but every since I have had a very soft spot for Raleigh's 'nicer' offerings (non-Activator offerings! :D). It just looks like a hundred miles an hour standing still! what a beaut. It's a credit to you, Ibbz :).

Back