Rolled up to work yesterday...

Personally, I'm liking the concrete Brutalist industrial unit more :shock:
Stylish yet utilitarian...unlike the car.

All the best,

apache":11llxspd said:
DSCF0011-2.jpg

DSCF0010-3.jpg

Rolled up to work in that? You're joking?

("I never joke about my work, 007")

Sorry. Someone had to work in an obligatory Bond reference.... ;)

David

sylus":1kbf7vav said:
By the way... I drive a smart car

Didn't I see a big-ass F-150 pickup parked out front of your garage in the pics you posted? :p

Damm his oily hide and observational skills

But... Sold it Monday for what I paid for it and now looking for a replacement in the black Friday sales today

Anyone have experience of a 2009 mercedes c300 sport 4matic, a 2007 lexus is250 or a 2012 golf gti.... I can't afford the lovely aston

danson67":s3a1gtpg said:
Personally, I'm liking the concrete Brutalist industrial unit more :shock:
Stylish yet utilitarian...unlike the car.

All the best,

Concrete, or grp?

I used to work for Olivetti, back when they were a computer company. They had a training college in Haslemere, Surrey and the whole teaching block was made of those grp sections. The floors were concrete with rubber floor covering that looked a bit like the surface of lego blocks (only bigger), and there were stair and ramps to each level. It looked just like something out of a James Bond movie.

Car's OK, spose :cool:

Neil
Concrete, or grp?
We'll have to get David B to go over and tap it ;)

Bit of a let down if it is just grubby GRP, but I think you're right. It's a bit pale for concrete.

I visited Mclaren last year...now that really is a Bond Villain's lair (but with better Health & Safety)...not visible from the road, entrance down a lift underground, through the white bare tunnels (where the UmpaLoompas build the cars) then up another lift to the curved vista across the round pond, the car museum and the receptionists up in their greeting pods :shock:
mclaren_main.jpg

mpc.jpg

400 cars in the car park, and I only saw about 10 people in 2 hours, 6 in the meeting, 3 receptionists and a tea lady...weird place.

All the best,

Now THAT is a car.

No not that silver thing, I mean the REAL Mclaren, driven by the man himself.

That looks to be a 1969 twin wing, back from the era when I was a fanatical F1 fan. All my mates bought football mags, and had pictures of footballers on their bedroom walls. I bought Autosport and had pictures of cars on mine.

Back