This is why you never pay by paypal gift

B77

Senior Retro Guru
So bought a set of forks from Pinkbike and paid 'good' and swallowed the fees, bloody glad I did, the guy can't even write hos name in the ground with a stick so what are the chances he's sent them to the right address ?

Hi, of you're willing to ship to France I'll take the forks.

Rob
Oct 29, 2012 at 4:26
belem149 says:
U would have to pay a bit extra for postage then if its getting shipped
Oct 29, 2012 at 6:26
B777 says:
Ok no prob but ot shouldn't be more than 20 quid!...

m.parcel2go.com/QuoteResults.aspx?parcels=4%7C120%7C25%7C20&cc=219&dc=22
Oct 29, 2012 at 6:38
belem149 says:
So £220 inculding postage and shipping ??
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:17
B777 says:
Ok I'll not mess you around, I'm bidding on the pair of the same forks, if they go for less than 200 notes I'll get those if they go for more I'll take yours. As soon as the bidding ends I'll let you know one way or the other. If you get any other interest don't wait for me.

Cheers

Rob
Oct 31, 2012 at 6:32
belem149 says:
any knewz on the forks man ?
Oct 31, 2012 at 15:38
B777 says:
The bidding ends tomorrow morning I'll let you know asap.

Rob
Nov 1, 2012 at 0:10
B777 says:
Ok I'll take the forks for 220 posted, just a couple of questions, do they still have the compression adjust knob on the bottom left leg ? And do you fancy chucking the stem in ? What's your Paypal address and when you send them I'll need the tracking number

Cheers

Rob
Nov 1, 2012 at 6:01
belem149 says:
yeah they do and could u give me a litte extra for the stem cuz it did cost me 60 abd my payapl adress is belem241@googlemail.com wats the sending address ( only looking for 20 pounds extra for the stem if that would be okey )
Nov 1, 2012 at 7:57
B777 says:
Ok don't worry about the stem, I'll pay Paypal fees so I'll transfer the cash now.
The address for shipping is...

Alpha Tattoo
11 Place Grenette
Rumilly
France

Can you let me know when you've sent them and let me have the tracking number

Cheers

Rob
Nov 1, 2012 at 8:01
belem149 says:
it will be posted in 2 days after u pay today man so the money gets transferd into my bank acount so i can pay the postage through my debit card
Nov 1, 2012 at 8:30
B777 says:
All paid up.
Nov 6, 2012 at 8:53
B777 says:
Hi have you got a tracking number for the forks ?

Cheers
Nov 6, 2012 at 19:44
belem149 says:
Sorry man only posted today been away from the house for while ill get u the tracking number tomorrow
Nov 12, 2012 at 6:23
belem149 says:
had theforks brought bak here disided to throw in the dorecr mount for free but where re sent away yesterday so u got the forks and the stem no extra charge
Nov 20, 2012 at 2:00
B777 says:
Tracking number ?
2 days ago
B777 says:
Ok, just to inform you, I'm starting a paypal dispute because I still have not got the forks, you have not given me a tracking number and I'm starting to think you're taking this piss.

Rob
2 days ago
belem149 says:
Im not taking the piss i can t find the tracking number but i dont have the forks thy have been sent already so its not my fault cuz i made sure they where in the post
2 days ago
belem149 says:
Ill phone the postal company and see if they xan tell me where they are and see if they can get me anther tracking number
1 days ago
B777 says:
Ok, I'll give it till Saturday for the forks to be delivered, if not I'm going to have to open a paypal dispute. Fair ?

More than fair, I appreciate times are tight but alarm bells start ringing for me as soon as a seller says they won't send the item until they've got your money out of PayPal into their bank account. In my opinion you shouldn't list something for sale via postage unless you can fund that postage immediately upon receipt of the paypal payment. Clearly avoiding/ignoring requests for a tracking number simply isn't on and only adds weight to my suspicions. I wouldn't bother waiting any longer mate, if it looks and smells like a turd it's almost always a turd!

Yep, definitely fair, I won't use Paypal gift anymore, not worth the risk when you get cretins like this.

Did you manage to get your money back?

I've paid for a frame on pinkbike and been waiting nearly two weeks now. Paid as goods.
the guys been messing me around and says that it was sent by a mate that he can't get hold of
to get the tracking number.

Quick google of his email address
belem241@googlemail.com
and found this thread!!

It was a lot of money too!

Open a paypal dispute Salter. You only have a limited time to do this. If you paid goods you should get your money back.

Hope this doesn't hijack thread but. Heads up on another scammer - bought tyres ppg (mug) heard nothing.

Steph Hewson trading on eBay as step-col

Seller's Legal Information

S hewson
Steph Hewson
Ln139bh Finsbury street, Lincolnshire
UK

Phone: 01507466920
Email: Jaswrx@me.com

No more ppg for me!

Ive just done it now. Paypal says he has to the end of may to sort it out. I've got a load of screen grabs too of his old accounts (found two other accounts belem149 and belem241 both banned for scams), the ad, this forum and our PM's.

Wish I had done my research first, but I've always been a person who likes to give people benefit of the doubt.

salter1144":3ltn9pmf said:
Ive just done it now. Paypal says he has to the end of may to sort it out. I've got a load of screen grabs too of his old accounts (found two other accounts belem149 and belem241 both banned for scams), the ad, this forum and our PM's.

Wish I had done my research first, but I've always been a person who likes to give people benefit of the doubt.

You're already giving people the benefit of the doubt by sending off your hard earned into web world. Might as well take precautions...

Back