1992 Kona Lava Dome - seatpost nightmare......

View down the seat tube.

null_zps6496f373.jpg

Unleash the Caustic Soda..............

*(Always read the label and follow all safety precautions. Always get an Adult to supervise you) ;)

Attachments

• Caustic Soda.jpg
    Caustic Soda.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,201
godders":1dvf2ae8 said:
Ive got a 92 cindercone and thats 26.4 ...but mine has the seperate seatpost collar so may not be :? sorry not much help realy :oops: im sure someone will be along soon to confirm corect size ;)

Mick :)

My Kilauea is a 26.4, same frame that year I believe...

Good luck with the seatpost removal!

BAScorsa1988":3bpznhjd said:
I have a joe murray combo cage, reasonable condition with original patches, glue, levers, etc.... if you want another.

Thanks for the offer I got one but missing the bottle as well! Maybe the OP may want it.

Must be a Leeds thing - I got one of these fly-tipped into my boot last visit :|

Also had issues with a post that had been brutally removed and ripped the seat tube extension :eek: All welded neatly up now though, awaiting some time to tidy & build it.

Mind your back moving it around!

It is a bit heavier than the Karakoram I have which surprised me. I always thought Konas were lighter and the Lava Dome/Cinder Cone and Karakoram were similar prices BITD IIRC.

elPedro666 said:
Must be a Leeds thing - I got one of these fly-tipped into my boot last visit :|

Also had issues with a post that had been brutally removed and ripped the seat tube extension :eek: All welded neatly up now though, awaiting some time to tidy & build it.

Mind your back moving it around![/quote

just my point, pete.

evidence suggests a failed hacksaw and peel out job. can work but the amount of hammering and swearing leaves you wondering what effect that is having on the rest of the frame via vibration etc..
failed a removal like that before, myself.

i say...vice and twisting action firstly. chemical second. when all fails, drill it.
hammer, flame, flying kicks will jeopardise too many other things.
all that was a note to myself really ;)

hop it comes out rob.

Back