98+ BotM Nov/Dec 2012 - Winter special: Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
ajantom":255srp34 said:
My Global Softail as used at the last Haldon ride a couple of weeks ago (including the requisite mudguards!)

8mc-1_zps9ed1fb0b.jpg

Love the Drops!.

My only running bike is my Orange Clockwork ('99). It is also my commuter bike, hence the prerequisite mudguards and lights :eek:. I shall endeavour to post a picture. However, I will already concede to ajantom's gorgeous Global Softail :D

My destickered Prince Albert should fit in well here :) - sorry about the shonky phone picture will get some better from my Dartmoor trip this weekend.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 2,705
I like the Prince Albert so far, it looks like a winter hack. Near everything else looks showroom smart or just a mtb out in the snow. Too much polishing, a winter bike should be grimey because after slogging through the dull grey miserablenesss of winter the last thing you should want to do is carefully wash/polish and primp your winter hack :roll:

well i'll add my 2007 Orange Clockwork, number 200 of 200.

i've owned this since new, it has recently been replaced as my main bike by my Demon so has been slightly re-specced for winter duties. It will be my main winter bike for this winter then hopefully a complete resto will take place over next summer

spec is race face dues bar/stem/post/chainset, xtr mechs, reba world cup fork, xt shifters, dt and goldtec hubs, mavic rims, hope mini brakes.

granted it's high spec for the winter but it was my best bike before the Demon

:D

Attachments

• 07cw.jpg
    07cw.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,896
velomaniac":1lgpy3id said:
I like the Prince Albert so far, it looks like a winter hack. Near everything else looks showroom smart or just a mtb out in the snow. Too much polishing, a winter bike should be grimey because after slogging through the dull grey miserablenesss of winter the last thing you should want to do is carefully wash/polish and primp your winter hack :roll:

I can assure you there is no washing, polishing or primping with any of my bikes, they get covered in mud all year round and occasionally, for it is occasional that the snow settles for more than five minutes in Sussex, they get to go out in the snow - not trying to curry favour just saying that, apart from Christmas, snow is about the only definite sign of winter we get down south!

I like the Prince Albert so far, it looks like a winter hack. Near everything else looks showroom smart or just a mtb out in the snow. Too much polishing, a winter bike should be grimey because after slogging through the dull grey miserablenesss of winter the last thing you should want to do is carefully wash/polish and primp your winter hack

I agree to a certain extent, but I have no rear access to my house, so bikes have to go through a narrow hall and over a beige carpet to get out into the back garden. So the agreement with SWMBO is that I wash my bikes before they come through. I carry a Mobi jet washer in the boot of my car, and spray down my bikes after rides. Also a ti frame makes for a winter bike that needs little primping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back