Cable Outers

my park cutters are great, and have been for a long time... 15 years, maybe more?

there are probably cheaper options that are just as good though! have a look at the usual online places or your LBS (probably more options online)

As a matter of interest, i have a good set of tin snips - could i use these or are the cable cutters better?

For everyone's interest (or anyone who may be interested) I have checked CRC, Wiggle, Ebay and Amazon - Amazon is winning at the moment - for the Park cutters. Pedro ones - Wiggle wins. As i have mentioned before, the internet is great but too much choice can give you a sore head!

Thanks all

you could try the tin snips on a spare piece of cable or outer, but they usually squash the cable out of shape before actually cutting through it, making it pretty useless once they do get all the way through.

Foz,

Thanks. I ordered a set from Amazon costing £19.60 (£3 postage inc), which seemed to be the cheapest i could find.

Thanks

20 quid sounds about right. if you need to buy a few things though it might be worth getting them all from the same place, most offer free postage above a certain spend amount, and maybe other discounts too for larger purchases.

which ones did you get?

The Park Tool CN-10 Professional Cable and Housing Cutter. There were a few cheaper brands but i thought i would stick with Park as they seem to have a good reputation.

Back