Fat Chance Buck Shaver! updated 21/11/12

Argos in bristol did the frame and bombers a year or so ago, then they did the sids about a month ago, stickers by Gil-M

:D

cheers guys :D

i like it because it's modern enough and retro enough but in real terms it's not too much of a mixed era, the frame is 96/97 and the xt dates from 99/00 and the forks are from 2000, so it's across the forum 97 barrier but i think it works really well.

i think what works best on this aesthetically though is the red/silver/blue components tying in with the stickers etc, i could have done more but i felt it was right to keep it subtle, so no big lumps of red or blue etc.

if i liked gripshift i would have definitely fitted sram betsy shifters and mech but i don't so i couldn't!

:D

I know it's not a period correct build but the seat post and especially the seat doesn't look good. The seat looks to comfy ;)

i learned a while ago that flight Ti saddles don't fit my arse anymore!! :LOL: also it's the saddle i use on most of my mtb's because i find they suit me!

i went with a thomson post to match the stem, and i prefer the lay back version with the saddle mounted in the middle of the rails as opposed to the inline version with the saddle all the way back on the rails.

Back