Ugly modern bikes

There has always been ugly bikes, both old and new, there always will be.
There has always been good looking bikes, both old and new, there always will be.

I posted up because labeling modern as ugly is just plain wrong, My apologies to the OP.

For me, Retro's hold dear to my heart because of sentimental attachment to my riding past. I suspect many of you feel the same about your ugly old bikes(tongue in cheek there). This is what brings us all together in this great forum.

As the years go by modern bikes have found a special place in my heart. As they've taken me to new heights and on fabulous adventures my respect for their many fine attributes has won me over and those same attributes have help me reach levels of riding skill I only imagined 10 years ago.

Just as my modern bikes hang on my wall rubbing bars with retros from distant days, at peace with each other and with respect for each having great strength and ability in different ways.
Let them be an example for us all to aspire to.

Cheers

ibbz":rvhgkimd said:
I concur!

The bike (Carbine) posted above, that's another example of a cross between a Motorcycle and a Bicycle - All it needs is a motor and game on! i mean why not just chuck on a 2 stroke or something? It'll save pedalling!

It's as ugly as sin - too big, too in yer face and too 'over sized', doesn't turn me on much, like an overweight Katy Price

It's funny that you mention the Carbine looking like a motorbike, I have to say that I have always appreciated chunky bikes, as I said before I want my mountain bikes to look different from road bikes. So I have always liked bikes that look different from the standard diamond frame lay out.

Some of my favourites back in the day are the San Andreas, that Gorgeous Kestrel carbon, the Formula 1, Mantis, and most E stay bikes, the chunkier the better for me. ;-)

And of course there is my lovely Quake 9 which I adore, I had the choice to go for the Mount Vision, it is essentially the same after all. But I fell for the Monocoque frame and the rest is history. :)

So I've always loved the "engine less motorbike" look, which is why modern bikes look good to me. doesn't stop me from appreciating a Rocky Mountain T-bolt though, dribble! ;-)

(oh and don't compare the Gorgeous Carbine to Katie Price, blurg! ;-) )

Simon.

I saw this this evening and had to weigh in *boaks*

titan_half_tank_528.jpg

it seems to have been designed with a wilful effort at making it displeasing to the eye

That's a Titan Half-Track I believe (something like that anyway) Very popular on here, despite weighing in like a tank!

There's something appealing about wilful ugliness though... :LOL:

cce":2hc39azg said:
I saw this this evening and had to weigh in *boaks*

titan_half_tank_528.jpg

it seems to have been designed with a wilful effort at making it displeasing to the eye

Snowing! :)
No wait that isn't snow. I must wait couple of months to take similar :cool: photos. :(

Latest posts

Back