Moving to Scotland!

Kneedowndean

Retro Guru
Hi all, I recently got a job in Scotland and I'm moving up in December from Birmingham. We are moving to Sterling and wondered if there are any suggestions for some good rides in the area. I've only viisted for 2 days, and it rained continuously so best pack my waterproof......

Nice one! Stirling is perfect, good trails on the doorstep and as damned near the middle of Scotland to get to anywhere else! I can add you to the MacRetro roll call if you like, and any big rides get a pm reminder. Also the east coast rides thread above will serve you well, should be less than an hour away for most of their rides. :)

Great news. I havnt had a chance to see much of the scenery, I drove from Birmingham to Stirling on Monday in the rain and mist and looked at flats for two days. Really looking forward to it, very impressed with Stirling.

I'll initially be taking my Hei Hei, its currently in road spec. Once I've got a month or so out the way I'll bring the Yeti for some retrorides. My wife will be up with her Zaskar and Epic early next year. So get me signed up!

welcome mate and look forward to seeing you soon- mind and come to the dunkeld run in January just up the road for you :D

Got a few ideas for rides in the Dundee/Angus area next year which'll be pretty close for you. As mentioned you're not far from Fife and the regular East coast rides either.

Stirling's braw. Plenty of riding, no that I've done much of it though. :oops:

Ochil's on your doorstep, Cambusbarron and North 3rd, plus mine woods up Bridge of allan. Stirling bike club's worth a look, i think they still do a regular weekend run - hit up their website.

Danny mac - dumyat ochils from 4.50 on

Welcome!

You'd better start practicing the Scots Slanguage though as half of whats(whits) said on here disnae(does not) make much sense ;)

Welcome to the crazy world of MacRetro and once you've been out with us you'll get one of they natty tartan banners :cool:

dyna-ti":5drxl5b2 said:
You'll soon be sharing the delights of flat square sausage on plain bread.
And tablet ;)

And battered deep fried pizza :)

Welcome mate, look forward to meeting you on a ride ;)

Back